Nem reject clownfish?

CJD18

Market
Reaction score
Nothing in tank that could of hurt her? Swims around bumping into things, won't go into her nem of 8 months.

Attachments

• 20200117_110346.jpg
    20200117_110346.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200117_110334.jpg
    20200117_110334.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 34
im far from the person to tell you what to do. I thought she was already dead by the pictures. Do you have any idea what could have cut her like that?

Is that a question? There’s loads of things in tank that are capable of doing this kind of damage. But I don’t know if a Nem is one of them.

If so, this would tell me that the Nem stung her, and she swam so hard to rip her own flesh off. But frankly, I don’t think she would be capable of doing that if the Nem stung her that hard. I’ve seen wrasses and other fish that are much stronger swimmers fail to get away from Nem stings. Now if her flesh was weak due to an infection or something, that would maybe contribute to it.

While it’s possible, I’m more inclined to believe this is caused by something else. Example could be latent bacterial or fungus infections, similar infections that came in on recent rock/corals/fish acquisitions,getting too close to pumps, pests that came in on new or old live rock (I know of pests like a Eunice worm that went undetected for years), or even clean up crew members and other fish.

The cloudy eyes are almost certainly bacterial. Have you tested your water recently? I'm leaning pretty strongly toward some nasty bacteria being the culprit and that sometimes is accompanied by some other water quality issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Yes I would euthanize her. Its the most humane thing to do at this point IMHO.
I disagree with this statement. But it’s your choice, and it’s not an easy one. So I won’t fault you for any decision.

She is sick and severely injured. And it will be a lot of time and effort to get her back to health. And it’s reasonable that she will not survive. But if this was a human, I don’t think we would make the same decision. Unless you can tell us that she is 15+ years old... I think euthanization would be the easy thing to do (in a very hard situation), but I don’t know if it is the most humane nor best option.

I always fight for life as long as there’s a chance that things can be turned around, and it can be worth the effort for the individual.

Will she eat if you put the food on tongs in front of her? If she does I would try treating her with a med for. bacteria infection. Good luck to you both.

I think euthanization would be the easy thing to do (in a very hard situation), but I don’t know if it is the most humane nor best option.

I really do not think that euthanization is the easy option here but any decision should be predicated on quality of life.
Whatever the OP decides to do will ultimately be the right choice. We are just the peanut gallery.

I really do not think that euthanization is the easy option here but any decision should be predicated on quality of life.
Whatever the OP decides to do will ultimately be the right choice. We are just the peanut gallery.

I do not think it is an easy option; but I disagree. For most people, myself included, it is harder to spend significantly more money, time, and effort, with the still very high probability that the fish won’t make it. This is especially true when the diagnoses is unconfirmed.

It’s harder financially and much harder emotionally. Still, i hold onto the slim measure of hope, that if we can get through it, they will recover and have 10-15 years of healthy and peaceful life.

Which a similar occurrence happened with one of my fish that was found laying on the bottom and missing half of its face maybe 6 years ago. I still have this fish today, fully healed, and it is the boss of the tank. It took many months of stress, and some expensive medicinal food that I was probably overcharged for. But I have to say that his life is better because I didn’t give up.

Back