Nem troubles.

mimi's fish

Market
Reaction score
My anemone split a out 2 months ago. One part disappeared. I found him tucked in a rock and broke the rock apart to get him out. He looks like

5f6dd8bfbbf5f1ea17abfc37e2ad1ba8.jpg
alt="" />
4bfc5803b8e2a22c36d54b86284770c2.jpg
alt="" />

Do you think I will be able to save him. He did eat a small piece of shrimp last night.

rdnelson99;1004537 wrote: My guess is yes. Lots of light will do him good.

+1, the lack of light it was experiencing could be the main reason for its current condition

Fantasic!! I have him sitting in lower middle. I didn't want to put him to high. Should I put him up higher.

Mimi's Fish;1004540 wrote: Fantasic!! I have him sitting in lower middle. I didn't want to put him to high. Should I put him up higher.

He will move if he needs more. Best thing now is let him be. Offer food every few days but if he doesn't eat don't worry.

I wish he would have moved from that rock a long time ago!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go easy on light til it colours up a bit more. It looks a bit bleachy, meaning it has lost some zooxanthellae, which are the symbiotic algae it uses to convert light into food energy.

I'd keep it in the open but not too high up in the tank, or even partial shade - it can move or reach if it wants more light.

The key to rehabilitation is to feed it meaty foods regularly, at least a couple of times a week, if it will accept food that often. Then, as the zooxanthellae repopulate, it will regain some colour and have that secondary food source.

Jenn

Wow SO glad you found it! That's crazy that it didn't move. It looks deathly but sure it will be beautiful with your TLC.
Nice save!!

hey Christina,
if you or any of the family is around my way, stop in and ill give you a some of my nem food that i make, or text me and i'll give you the recipe.
if he looks like he is getting worse just run him over to doctor nems house, i'll give him CPR.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1005003 wrote: hey Christina,
if you or any of the family is around my way, stop in and ill give you a some of my nem food that i make, or text me and i'll give you the recipe.
if he looks like he is getting worse just run him over to doctor nems house, i'll give him CPR.

Hey can I get that (splitter) recipe?

Camellia;1005010 wrote: Hey can I get that (splitter) recipe?
you sure can deb, i'll text it to you later ......it's a secret till i'm done giving it to everyone....lol.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1005003 wrote: hey Christina,
Thank you!! I need to do that. I have gotten him to eat a couple of pieces of shrimp, so I'm hoping he will come back around. He's one of my favorites!!

Mimi's Fish;1005051 wrote: Thank you!! I need to do that. I have gotten him to eat a couple of pieces of shrimp, so I'm hoping he will come back around. He's one of my favorites!!

Until we get "the recipe" they also love silver sides. You can get the in the freezer at Petco or petsmart as well as LFS.
Id chop one into 4 or 5 pieces and feed it small bites until it's better.

Back