neon orange on rocks

oryansreef

Market
Reaction score
so i had a heavy brown layer of algae pop up and a spot of cyno on sand bed. on the rocks i noticed last night under the blue lights some neon orange spots very small and hard to see, any clue to what it is??

Not that this helps ID it, but I had the same thing a while back, and it just disappeared. It only fluoresced under the blue LEDs and was a red'ish orange color as you have described. It was only on one rock, so I just assumed it might be some remnant of a coral that was previously on the rock. I don't recall if I took any pics of it, but I'll look.

xilez;1102956 wrote: would need pics...was it live rock? may be a type of sponge?
The best I can do under blue. Tried to get it in the center of the picture
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Impossible to see from the pictures, but it could be encrusting sponge, or encrusting coraline algae - it does occur in orange sometimes.

Jenn

JennM;1103029 wrote: Impossible to see from the pictures, but it could be encrusting sponge, or encrusting coraline algae - it does occur in orange sometimes.

Jenn

oh, did not know coraline came in a orange. it could be that has a smooth texture not rough like purple coraline.

Coraline comes in a few different colours. Green, purple - light or dark, occasionally orange. I've seen it have different textures too - smooth, almost bubbly looking, plating and even pointy and sharp.

Nature is amazing.

Jenn

Back