Neon Pseudochromis/Neon Dottyback Aggressiveness

jonboyb

Market
Reaction score
Really want to add one to my 28 gallon to add a colorful lower-zone swimmer to the tank but the semi-aggressive description of the fish worries me. I only have a mated pair of Picasso clowns that host a BTA right up top right now, but I would like to add a goby and active swimmer like a firefish or small wrasse down the road and don't want a feud. Anyone house a neon pseuo and what are their observed behavior.

I have an orchard dottyback..and although he's pretty tame (now) mainly because he's one of the smaller fish in the tank...he is a little aggressive at times towards my neon goby. Once they get their "territory" set, their aggression will pick up some. I would think it wouldnt bother the clowns, mainly because they are hosting your nem. The firefish may have some issues...and a wrasse I think would be fine.

I have one in my 210. I would rate him as fairly agressive and would be hesitant to add him to a tank that size. They get fairly large. Maybe a Splendid Dottyback might be a better choice for the size.

I was basing my info on the Live Aquaria/Wikipedia info that said they were for 20 and up. I'll check out a Splendid Dottyback. THanks.

Nevermind, the splendid is listed as the largest of the dottybacks at up to 6"???

Back