Neptune Apex & Jebao SOW integration, opinions on Tridents

90gDreams

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking about doing a Neptune w/ Trident so my testing schedule goes from every few months-ish to automated along with just general peace of mind. Part of this decision though goes to pump control. I just cannot bring myself to spend hundreds per pump and have had good luck with the cheaper SOWs. I used to run Korallias back the mid 00s but they don't seem to be as good as they were back then. Is there a way to integrate SOWs or other <$100 powerheads into a Apex system?

Also interested in any personal experiences with the Trident system.

Not sure about full integration but I rarely if ever adjust my powerhead pattern or flow rate remotely. I do it in person. The only thing I use my Apex for is turning the power to them on and off.

Not sure about full integration but I rarely if ever adjust my powerhead pattern or flow rate remotely. I do it in person. The only thing I use my Apex for is turning the power to them on and off.
I suppose my thoughts are really just focused around reducing flow during an autofeed time when out of town

There is a adapter to control 2 jebaos with the 0-10v on apex. I used them for a while, but I like the jebao controller better. Your best bet would be plugging in to energy bar and cutting power to the outlet at feeding time.

There is a adapter to control 2 jebaos with the 0-10v on apex. I used them for a while, but I like the jebao controller better. Your best bet would be plugging in to energy bar and cutting power to the outlet at feeding time.
I've seen that but can't seem to figure out if that works on the new ones or not. Seems like the same box has been sold for the last decade.

You can cut power to individual plugs?

I've seen that but can't seem to figure out if that works on the new ones or not. Seems like the same box has been sold for the last decade.

You can cut power to individual plugs?
I ran mine with either the pp or rw model. Can’t remember. I would think It would work with sow but not 100% sure.
Yes you can cut power individually.

Back