Neptune DOS Question

saltwaterwannabe

Market
Reaction score
Does the DOS power need to be plugged into an EB8 outlet, or does the aquabus cable send it directions so it the power can be plugged into a non-apex power strip?

I am asking because I have ordered an aquabus and do not have it installed just yet. I am trying to free up an outlet on my EB8 by moving my ATO to run with one side of the DOS.

I think all you need is aquabus if I remember right. I can look tonight for you

It can run off a 1Link or with the included power supply. The power supply does not need to be plugged into an EB outlet.

SaltWaterWannabe;1114293 wrote: Thanks! That will free up the outlet I need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I setup the DOS as an ATO, which freed up an outlet to turn off my UV when the return pump is off so I do not overheat the UV light or the water in the UV.

Thanks for the information. This thread can be closed.

Dan Im glad you were able to get it setup and your questions answered. If you click on "go advanced" below, under thread management click the box to close thread.

Bcavalli;1114367 wrote: Dan Im glad you were able to get it setup and your questions answered. If you click on "go advanced" below, under thread management click the box to close thread.

I do not have this option. Is this a restricted feature?

I am glad I could not figure out how to close this since I have another question. My internet service is out until tomorrow and my DOS setup as an ATO stopped working. Since I cannot access Fusion, I logged into the classic dashboard. I cannot find where to check the dosing, etc. other than the base program telling it when the level switch is closed to turn on the pump. I cannot find this on the web or Neptune's chat site. Does anyone know if it is possible to access the settings for the DOS from the classic dashboard?

Dan I sent you a pm yesterday on how to close the thread. Im sorry I cant answer your new question for you. I wish I had a DOS so I knew more about the functions. Hopefully, someone that has one will chime in. :)

I think I figured it out, at least it seems to be responding correctly when I take a small bucket of water out of the sump to drop the level.

Back