*** New 200 gallon build and URGENTLY need help ***

bpitts4

Market
Reaction score
Good morning reefers and enthusiasts!!!

I received on Thursday a new 200 gallon aquarium and greatly underestimated how heavy it is. I have 2 sets of suction cups which you can see in the picture and with that its still extremely heavy. I am in need of help getting the tank from my garage, into the house and on the stand. All a very short distance. If any of you and I imagine its going to take at least 6 people are available and we can coordinate your time so that everyone can meet up, I would love some help. I live in Austell GA and am offering either pay that nominal (as my money has gone to equipment, etc....) or food and fellowship for help. I've attached a picture for reference.

Please help!!!

If you can help please DM me your time and availability so I can coordinate with all others that can help. I work from home so any time works for me but also understand the weekends my be better for others.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Attachments

• 20240922_073257.jpg
    20240922_073257.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240922_073249.jpg
    20240922_073249.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 34
I had a moving company ( with insurance) moved mine from garage to stand in house. I don’t think I would trust randoms with it. It was cheaper and faster than LFS locally. I think I paid less than 400-500

I had a moving company ( with insurance) moved mine from garage to stand in house. I don’t think I would trust randoms with it. It was cheaper and faster than LFS locally. I think I paid less than 400-500
Might be the best option.

Moving a tank that big is a job indeed . Mine was only a waterbox 130.4 and it was an endeavor. At least you have the benefit of it not needing to empty and switch livestock etc…… I would say a 4 person minimum for that move and suction cups. Most places will charge a minimum of an hour and a deposit. It’s not that bad and well worth it when it is insured.

Thanks for the advice all! I reached out to an actual moving company and they gave me a fantastic rate (less than $400) so I am going to get them to move it for me. Thanks all.

Back