New 75 setup

smokin' reefer

Reaction score
i am getting ready to setup a 75g fish, live rock and some coral tank. i had a similiar setup in a 29 gallon several years ago. i will be purchasing everything new and would like some suggestions on equipment/prices/where to buy.

my plan now is live sand, live rock, fish, and possibly some corals. although corals will depend on wht i end up with lights. this tank will sit in my living room.

thanks in advance, if i need to post more info, let me know.

Don't buy live sand is my first piece of advice. Buy the sand you like dead and get a couple free scoops of live sand from a fellow reefer to seed it. ARC members tend to help out fellow ARC members like that... club plug... and I give away items like that for free to fellow members as well... another club plug. Live sand is a big gimmick to me personally.

Live rock I would check out Sal (horsesziggy screenname). He has a new store opening this weekend and has some of the cheapest live rock around here. You also will get a discount for being I member I believe. (club plug)

Fish... IMO Tim and Keen Reef who also offers a member discount (club plug)has online fish prices without the shipping charges.

Corals... depends on what you like. Petland Alpharetta I believe has a great sale going on for a lot of softies. Many of the stores have good prices depending on the piece. Watch the F/S threads here on the forums as lots of beautiful pieces come up for great prices all the time. You can also stop by and get free frags at my place assuming you are a member (another club plug).

thank you for the reply. i will check those out. i should have put this in the first post, where is a good place to purchase the tank and equipment?

smokin' reefer;133580 wrote: thank you for the reply. i will check those out. i should have put this in the first post, where is a good place to purchase the tank and equipment?

I would check with Sam at Aquabuys. He has really good prices, good service and gives ARC members a discount on tanks(Cameron made me say that).

Good luck with your project. My last tank was a 75RR. I loved it. It is a great tank and you will love it. As far as equipment goes... Hmmm Sam at Aqua buys, Lighting I always use ReefGeek Greg is awesome, Rocks and corals Bobby at Cap Bay, Fish Tim at Keens Reef, Rocks and coral stuff Mike and Sal. Controller I use RK2 from Digital Aquatics.

Good luck and have fun!

Back