New Additions

oldschool52

Market
Reaction score
3 Days ago we introduced 2 - False Percula clowns to our 55g tank. They are tank raised and are about 3 1/2 to 4 inches. The only fish in this tank at the time was a Huma Trigger about 4 1/2" and an Orchid Dotty Back. Since they were going in with a trigger we picked the meanest (most agressive) and largest of the 15 or more that were in the tank.

Like we expected when temperature acclimating the trigger was very interested in the bag floating with the fish. When the water was up to temp and parameters matched they were introduced to the opposite side of the tank from the trigger's domain. As soon as the new fish hit the water Mr. I'm gonna kick some new fish *** trigger was there. As soon as he saw them he had this look on his face like"Oh S**T," there's 2 of them. He immediately did a "U" turn and pretty much stayed away for a good while. After about 30 minutes they decided to venture over to his side and he shagged them away but not attacking. We fed them brine and mysis and all ate like pigs. After the first few hours the trigger pretty much ignores his new tank mates and they all go to wherever they want.

BTW, I don't normally do this but I bought these from Petco. It was hard to believe they had some of the most gorgeous CLOWNS we've seen and they were eating, very healthy fish. We paid $17.99 each and they're tank raised. Kudos to Petco, this time anyway.

Yup, got my tank raised ocellaris from Petco here. Very nice looking fish, and one is a misbar!

Petco clowns
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
365733=17884-2clowns.jpg
>
365733=17884-2clowns.jpg
class="gc-images" title="2clowns.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

atreyu917;365770 wrote: We order all our clowns from ORA, that's why :) haha.

The ones in our Petco are usually about 3/4" inch long. In fact, they had several in other tanks of that size.

But these guys were HUGE by comparison.

Went in for frozen food, came home with fish!

Very nice! Mandarins and clowns... it's been a great fishy week huh?! :)

Hooked Newbie;365792 wrote: Very nice! Mandarins and clowns... it's been a great fishy week huh?! :)

LOL, yeah it has. And they're all doing great.

We took the most aggressive clown to save the ones he was beating up in the store and he's a different fish in the tank with the trigger. Outgoing, but lost the attitude real fast.

The mandarins are really funny - find one, and the other will be right behind him/her. Always busy hunting.

Back