New AI LED advise

fishtank

Market
Reaction score
I have an AI SOL with upgraded optics over my 60g cube and have had zero issues. My frogspawn's and open brain are really doing well under it and I have had no reason for complaint other then a loose power fitting.

I just bought a 120g 48x24x24 and need an extra light over it. I was thinking of staying with AI but wasnt sure if there was a major difference between the Vega Blue and the Hydra 52. I know technically there are a lot of differences but I am on a budget and my thinking was if the AI SOL is working then surely the next model (Vega Blue) would be as good if not better? I like the looks of the Hydra 52 but would prefer to save the $200 if I can.

Any thoughts

Higher output, a bit better node arrangement and colors.

Go with the Vegas imo. If you're already happy with your Sols you will love the Vegas. The Hydras are better but there are a lot of other things you can use $200 on =)

aXio;1007763 wrote: Higher output, a bit better node arrangement and colors.

Go with the Vegas imo. If you're already happy with your Sols you will love the Vegas. The Hydras are better but there are a lot of other things you can use $200 on =)

That was kind of what I was thinking. That way as well if the look from left side to right is major it will be cheaper to sell my SOL and put in a second VEGA.

Back