New Baby Goby is having it rough!

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
I picked up an adorable yellow (blue poka dots) ting goby and pistol shrimp pair on impulse a few weeks ago, bad move!

The goby went in QT. I've started redoing my rock work this week so I grabbed the pistol and put it with the goby (after several WC) so I wouldn't crush it. They were together AGAIN SOOO cute for 5 days in the QT.

They went into the display two days ago (at night, lights off). I arranged some crushed rock and roof rock (as book informed) and gently places them near where I wanted them to live. I peeked in and could see Mr Pistol near his home by no goby! In the morning my HUGE pink spotted goby was lovin life, perched at the front door of "their" new home! Little baby goby was alone, obviously sad!

When I got home tonight I peaked at the tank and for some odd reason decided to change the filter socks (1:00 AM). Oddly enough before I tossed them in the stink bucket I checked the inside and unbelievably caught a glimpse of the baby goby stuck in the seam of the huge sock, alive! We had a short chat and he misses his mate :( appears he's extremely distraught to the point of suicide!

After searching the web and coming up with nothing, I'm wondering if anyone knows if two goby and pistol pairs would work ok in a 75 gallon? If this isn't an option, some very lucky reefer my be getting my friend soon!

i goby was top water for a few days before he found his spot, if this is the same issue he might just have gotten suck into the over flow.
i don't see why 2 pairs would not be fine, both goby and pistol are pretty laid back.
when i dropped my pair in it toke them a month to fined each other and move in together, now its a match.com match.

Awww goodness,the poor little guy. They are adorable. I'm sure he's just trying to still works things out. I finally got my pistol from shac the other day. He's beautiful but really tiny. Bummed the little goby cousin didn't make it. My fault :-(
a>

You can do it, but what happens when the new pistol pairs with the other pistol and they live together with the large goby and your little one is still alone?
I had 2 pistols in my 90g years ago and they lived together.

Gobies are known jumpers.

Shrimpy Brains;1024191 wrote: You can do it, but what happens when the new pistol pairs with the other pistol and they live together with the large goby and your little one is still alone?
I had 2 pistols in my 90g years ago and they lived together.

Gobies are known jumpers.

That would really stink!

Jumpers!!! That's surprising they are bottom dwellers!

Sherri, I didn't know you were still getting the shrimp!
Guess we need to talk but I need to find it again before making any suggestions *_*

I have had two fish jump out of fish tanks, an orange spot goby and a Ghoul stingfish. Both bottom dwellers.

I would have never thought gobies would be jumpers either. Ya Deb, I had already paid for the pistol with shac so I still wanted a little one. I haven't seen him since I put him in the tank though. They come out nightb though? He's really cute.

scramer74;1024275 wrote: I would have never thought gobies would be jumpers either. Ya Deb, I had already paid for the pistol with shac so I still wanted a little one. I haven't seen him since I put him in the tank though. They come out nightb though? He's really cute.

Dang Sherri, I still haven't sen it! Check the overflow & socks too!

Dang Amy!

Well I do gave a tight canopy knowing I wanted to keep wrasse, no fishes are jumping out on me!

Back