New BTA in cave?

fishboy

Reaction score
I got my first anemone the other week. It is a pretty large BTA. When I put him in the tank he attached right where I put him. It seemed like a good spot with decent flow and good light. Anyways, he was there for a few days and seemed to be healthy. When I got home the other day he had moved to behind the rock he was originally attached to. In his new spot he does not get a lot of light so I am worried about him. I tried to move him, but he had attached his foot pretty good. Do I need to worry about him not getting enough light? I heard they will move if they aren't happy, but I cant imagine he gets enough light where he is. He does look good, although not as blown up as when he was in his other spot. Any help would be great.

They are prone to move around. Mine is always on the move. They will sometimes roam around till they find a spot that they feel secure and safe. If it starts to shrink or turn into a lighter shade or brown color then I would try to move it or get it out. One of the only draw backs to anemones is they move and in the process sting everything along the way. GL and just keep a eye on it.

I have one that moved into a cave. He seems happy when I check on him.

Well, the BTA started looking pretty bad. I decided to try to move it myself. It came unattached from the rock pretty easy, which I think maybe be a bad sign. I moved it to a spot in the tank with better light, so I'll see what happens. I need a new test kit which I'll probably pick up tomorrow, so I dont what params are. Any advice on how to nurse the BTA back to health? Should I try feeding it or just let it be?
Thanks

Bta's will expell water in order to flush themselves of waste after eating. It freaked me out the first time it did it. Next day it was back to it's old self. Get used to it. One day it'll be in full glory, the next a shrivelled up prune. Even in the same day. Then they move on you. Keeps things interesting. Also if you don't like where a BTA is, aim a powerhead at it. It'll move.

Back