New Clarkies and Home...

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Well, it took awhile and part of me wanted a BTA but I just couldnt resist these two and their home....Thanks Tiffany at Blue Planet!!

Before the pics....After hours in the car, between going there...buying them...back to Covington to turn around with wife to go back and get em I was taken back to find they will custom build sumps and refugiums.

Shawn, at Blue Planet, put together a plan for a custom refuge to fit under a tight 54 corner tank next to a 10 gallon sump. Can't wait to pick it up next week.

If you all havent seen the stor and livestock it's worth the drive....Thanks again...Some pics after acclamating them..

IMG_0720.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0711.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0713.jpg
alt="" />

At the store

IMG00014.jpg
alt="" />

New Full Shot...

IMG_0723.jpg
alt="" />

:fish:

me too...not a RBTA but they really needed a home...I think I got a great deal for the pair and the Nem...

TY Stroid...

Russ,

Shawn build great sumps. I have one he made for my 50 gallon cube and its super strong. Also he is pretty fast. You will be pleased. Tiffany is always very helpful and her fish are in great condition. Congrats on the new fish.

Jimmie

Thanks...He seemed like he knew what he was doing..I was going to get a HOB from Jorge but after measuring it would fit great but I couldnt close the door to the stand lol...

Just a couple words of advise/caution. two pairs of different species of clowns in a tank that size is asking for it. I would guess eventually one pair is gonna kill the other. Also, carpet anemones are notorious fish eaters. They have a very powerful sting and big appetites. Despite clowns hosting. I have heard of peoples clown attempting to drive fish towards the anemone!

Good luck with the clarkiis. Great find, but do keep an eye on the clownfish mixture. Do you have a QT or a fuge you can keep the trio in while they await going to their new home?

I'm looking for a clarkii also, although those 2 look nothing like mine. My gal has much more yellow. Did Tiffany have more? I'm looking for a juvy with traditional coloring.

fish_Clarkii_Clownfish.jpg
alt="" />

I do have a qt...waiting to borrow a trap...gotta get those buggers lol I am amazed how there is zero animosity between all the fish. The Osc. are keeping to one side and the clarkies to the other. I do not plan on keeping the other clowns...Tiff will take them as credit I just gotta catch em :)

As far as the nem catching the other fish, I think the only concern will be my Bi Blenny...I do hope it doesnt happen, he is probably my favorite fish.

At any rate the electric green carpet and two hosting clarkies for under a 100.00. Im happy

I have a trap that has never let me down. V8Juice bottle. 46 oz.

Cut the bottle at the ring, just bellow the neck. Invert the top portion into the bottom portion. It kind of snaps into place because of the indention caused by the raised ring. Slip a cube of mysis or brine shrimp into the bottle and sink it into your tank. There's no trap door that you have to spring or anything, so you can just walk away from it. Fish go in but for some reason can't find their way back out. I've even caught yellow damsels and my ellusive domino damsel with this thing.

images
alt="" />

You have a pic Linda...Im kinda slow to picture this...<span style="font-size: 12px;">
</span>

Cut the top portion off a V8 bottle. Invert the top and slide it into the bottom portion. Because of the rings in the plastic, it will kind of *snap* into place.

>

If I cut off the top and turn the top upside down theres nothing to snap into...im soooooo confused lol

Because this particular bottle has these easy-grip rings on the outside of the bottle, they are groves on the inside of the bottle... the bump made by the ring on the outside surface slips into the grove on the inside surface...

aw heck... just glue it.

Back