new clown found

dartfrog

Market
Reaction score
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="color: #800000;"><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: verdana;">Showstopper Clown Collected in Papua New Guinea</span></span>
c
alt="" /></a> </span>
<span style="color: #800000;"></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: verdana;">They are calling it the PNG Lighting Maroon Clown, an astonishing example of a </span>http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MicrocosmAquariumExp/e374956a7a/55b9fc006b/2c6551646b/utm_campaign=Requiem%20for%20a%20Clam%20and%20Coral%20Keeper%27s%20Survey&utm_content=kevinsolar@att.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_term=Maroon%20Clownfish">Maroon Clownfish</a><span style="font-family: verdana;">, </span>[I]Premnas biaculeatus</em><span style="font-family: verdana;">, collected recently in Papua New Guinea. Read the exclusive full story by Ret Talbot, who was in Papua New Guinea researching a story for CORAL when the fish was discovered. (The Lightning Clown was acquired by [IMG]http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MicrocosmAquariumExp/e374956a7a/55b9fc006b/9a5f09a22e">Blue Zoo Aquatics</a> of Los Angeles, and placed with noted breeder and CORAL contributor Matt Pedersen, who will attempt to fix a strain of the fish.)</span></span>

<span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: verdana;">Captive breeding attempts are already underway, conducted by CORAL contributor Matt Pedersen, although some experts say that establishing a strain with this misbarred pigmentation is a long shot. <font size="2" data-gcupd="font-2"><!-- gcu-updated -->Read the full story in the May/June issue of CORAL, on sale May 7th.</span></span></font><!-- gcu-updated SIZE -->

GORGEOUS!

I'm not a fan of the Picasso's or the other "rare" clowns.....but wow! Very nice.

Bet ORA will be selling them in a year or two..... And probably a "platinum" variety.

actually I think 4 of them have been found so far. reefbuilders.com has been reporting on them for a month or so. Evidently the collectors who net them are being paid a handsome premium for each one caught

hud3339;497766 wrote: I want one now, i dont wanna wait a year or two

Then get a regular maroon clown, and some white out.......

Get'er Dun

Actually Only One has been found, the 2nd being found was reported on April 1st as a Joke.

Here's a link to to keep track of the Breeding progress of the Real Lightning clown. He has already Paired up..

a>

That fish is really gorgeous.

Video on youtube (from the blog):
watch

I must retort some of my Post. It seems there was another found back in 2008 but it's existance is unknown Now. So there is still only 1 Known in existance..

Always love seeing those guys. Really love the pattern. Anyone remember the clown tang Luiz Rocha snapped a picture of?
A_lineatus.jpg
alt="" />

Back