New Critter in the Tank

hdfisher

Reaction score
We just spotted this critter in the tank this afternoon. Does anyone recognize it? Should I give it an eviction notice? I also just had a new Yellow Leather go belly up today. It looks like a nudibranch of some kind.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
129080=7914-DSC_4254.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
129080=7914-DSC_4254.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_4254.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
129080=7913-DSC_4255.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
129080=7913-DSC_4255.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_4255.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

OMG get it out now-it'll destroy everything--

lol j/k-I don't know what it is-just thought I'd throw that in

Its definitely a nudi. Remove it, smush it, salt it, burn it, and kill it.

Ya it is a soft coral eating nudi... Ummm, Get it out of there ASAP... That thing will eat your yellow leather, it will eat your xenia, heck it will eat almost any soft coral. It needs to meet its maker or atleast try to get back to the ocean from the toilet bowl.

Whatever is on the nudis back as in its camoflage usually gives you a real good indicator as to what it eats. Zoa ones have blades that look like zoa branches. This sucker looks like it has tiny xenia stalks growing out of its back.

Heck if its a Xenia Nudi, give it to me! Would be a great way to keep them at bay! (j/k)

Keep a close lookout. They're like roaches. If you see one in the open you can bet there's an army under the fridge.

Back