New Fancy Anemone-I'm such an addict.

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
I have not had long term luck with fancy 'nems in the past. I have two RBTAs that I've had for 2+ years, and in that time have tried a flame bubbletip and a lemon drop bubbletip, and both died in the same tank as the ones I've had for 2+ years, the flame tip within 3-4 months and the lemon drop within a couple weeks. Don't really know why. My other regular BTAs have always thrived.

So anyways, I swore of fancy BTAs after the last one died, but I'm back on the horse after being able to get a Sunburst Anemone. These are a type flame tip, but they have a white speckling and a green-purplish base. They almost sear your retinas under 20K type lighting. Here is a pic taken in the dark with only flash, no photo shop, with a point and shoot. Imagine how it looks under tank light! This one is going into my 150 that has no other anemones (except a couple aiptasia), so I hope this one survives. Keeping it in a basket for a while and feeding every day, so assuming it does well, I'll let it loose in the tank after a couple weeks.

I'll get a pic under the AI Sol Blues when they come on later today.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
652410=31046-sunburst anemone.jpg
>
652410=31046-sunburst anemone.jpg
class="gc-images" title="sunburst anemone.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Biggest actinic photoshopping Vendor of all time there.

2-13.jpg
alt="" />

Forgot about this. Here's my 'nem in a WYSIWYG picture from the Vendor. This is an i-Phone pic. Doesn't seem too shopped. Don't know any particulars if it was under actinics, 20K halide or what.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
652443=31047-IMG_8221.jpg
>
652443=31047-IMG_8221.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_8221.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Great looking anemone!

I'm with you on anemone's! I may have a tank dedicated to them shortly.

Lifestudent;652428 wrote: Very nice anemone Dave.

I hope it does well for you and lives a good long time. :)

Me too Bob. Thanks. I'd hope to have some splits to sell off sometime, but both my RBTAs have never split. They've grown, but never split.

Acroholic;652531 wrote: Me too Bob. Thanks. I'd hope to have some splits to sell off sometime, but both my RBTAs have never split. They've grown, but never split.

That's because nothing is stressed in your tanks Dave.

(When I retire, I want to come live in one of your tanks! :up:)

Acroholic;652531 wrote: Me too Bob. Thanks. I'd hope to have some splits to sell off sometime, but both my RBTAs have never split. They've grown, but never split.

Can I go ahead and throw dibs out on the first split? :D

jbadd99;652585 wrote: Can I go ahead and throw dibs out on the first split? :D
Sure can! I gotta see if it lives first. My track record with fancy ones is terrible.

reeferman;652607 wrote: but its sooo scandaliciosly splendiforously Sexy,boom!,how can you resist!hahaha!

OMGOSH Fo ReAl GoTTA br1ng Da SEXINess!!

I can't stand that vendor:boo:

Great looking nem though Dave. I was REALLY hoping you hadn't bought the SC nem when I saw the thread title, haha

reeferman;652607 wrote: but its sooo scandaliciosly splendiforously Sexy,boom!,how can you resist!hahaha!

You sound just like him!:lol2:

Rskillz;652611 wrote: OMGOSH Fo ReAl GoTTA br1ng Da SEXINess!!

You type just like him!:D

Beautiful!
I would advise against feeding daily, IMO. I think they do better with weekly feeding. I never feed mine. I rely on the hosting clowns to do that. I think that nems, since they have a one way feeding system (in the mouth, out the mouth) need full time to digest and expel. Never read that, just my thoughts. I'll get in line for a split. I have a razor blade ready!

Acroholic;652432 wrote: Biggest actinic photoshopping Vendor of all time there.

Wait, what?? You mean all live rock isn't electric blue?

Well, at least eggcrate still is. :D

Back