New Fish For Christmas!!!

family reefer

Market
Reaction score
Pics to follow but I recieved an Achilles tang and a small Powder Blue tang for Christmas!!! I have wanted an Achilles for years but I was not going to buy one until it sat at the store for a few weeks. One finally sat for 3 weeks w/o being bought so I figured it was a good one. I will get pics up soon for you guys. MAN I am SO excited!!!!

are you going to keept them in the same tank? That may not be the best idea.

I now have 6 tangs in the tank. It is a 220 gal so no probs. Believe it or not the Achilles cares nothing about anyone else. The Powder Brown was really upset with the Powder Blue but they are all adjusting well. The new fish are grazing on the rocks all the time. Tangs: LARGE Regal (7") Kole, Indo sail Fin, Powder Brown, and the 2 new guys, Powder Blue and Achilles. I have heard that the more of one species there are, the less agression. I have 2 more on my list: Blond Naso and a Clown tang. I wanted a Sohal but they are SSOOO mean. Don't want to chaance that. At teh LFS a Sohal had to be removed from an agressive display after a year and a half after he started to kill other fish!

family reefer;113490 wrote: I now have 6 tangs in the tank. It is a 220 gal so no probs. Believe it or not the Achilles cares nothing about anyone else. The Powder Brown was really upset with the Powder Blue but they are all adjusting well. The new fish are grazing on the rocks all the time. Tangs: LARGE Regal (7") Kole, Indo sail Fin, Powder Brown, and the 2 new guys, Powder Blue and Achilles. I have heard that the more of one species there are, the less agression. I have 2 more on my list: Blond Naso and a Clown tang. I wanted a Sohal but they are SSOOO mean. Don't want to chaance that. At teh LFS a Sohal had to be removed from an agressive display after a year and a half after he started to kill other fish!

You are braver than I. You ahve several Acanthurus sp. tangs in there, which are the most aggressive. Just be on the lookout for problems. BTW, the clown tangs are just as mean, but harder to care for, than the sohals.

There's one tank I do that has an 8" Sohal. It does nothing but bite my fingers the entire time I'm working on the tank.

147.jpg
alt="" />

148.jpg
alt="" />

The African cleaner Wras I broughthome with the Tangs(Looking forward to the obligatory Ich
150.jpg
alt="" />

Back