New fish in QT :)

redstang

Market
Reaction score
Have two Halichoeres' in QT. A biocellatus and a chrysus. The chrysus is looking great. It was swimming around and exploring. The biocellatus looked to be struggling a bit but it's behavior, while worrisome, from reading doesn't seem to be that unusual.

The biocellatus swam to the bottom and would occasionally lay on its side. Really didn't move too much and wasn't that interested in food. It did appear to take a couple of nips though. After a couple hours it's put itself to bed to somewhere so I'm thinking it's just stressed and disoriented.

The chrysus went after food aggressively so that was a great sign and is still exploring the QT tank.

Both fish are in a 29gal biocube for QT with sand and pvc.

I "effing forgot" sorry! always add an airstone or round circular stone and small powerhead!

here...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Ralph ATL;997160 wrote: I "effing forgot" sorry! always add an airstone or round circular stone and small powerhead!

Yep, have a powerhead pointed at the surface for agitation. I can still add an air stone though if necessary.

Ralph ATL;997170 wrote: please do! they need highly oxygenated water...

It has a return pump pointed at the surface as well. It's a fully functioning tank. Maybe I'll just throw the skimmer in the back and let it bubble over. I have an air stone but it's battery powered. Was more for a backup.

Back