new fish trap idea

fishgardener

Market
Reaction score
:yay: I finally caught the bicolor Psuedo that has been beating up my fish all week. We couldn't seem to catch him. Tried mirror in a net, food in t different ty[es of traps, no luck. He was even attaching the firefish, holes in my 6 lines tail, the chalk bass was so scared he hid in the corner all the time. I was despirate about to tear down the live rock to get te monster out when I had an idea. I put a small toy fish ( about the bicolor's size) in the trap. The bicolor was in the trap in 5 minutes. Now he is in a small tank all by himself!

If I take him to the school tank will he beat up the two green chromis. They are in the damsel family, can they hold their own?

Sheryle

Congrats on the capture!

This guy sounds like he needs to be in an *aggressive fish* tank. Find someone who has triggers, etc. that he cannot bully. If he goes back to the LFS for store credit, he could end up in the same situation in an unsuspecting buyer's tank.

Wow, that was some tricky idea to catch him. Glad that it worked out for you.

Now I need to find a new home for him. Anyone want to trade a frag for a fish? He was fine with the clown fish in Blake's tank, but a terror in mine.
Sheryle

I made the trap out of a one liter water bottle. I cut it in two just where the bottle starts to get smaller. Then I turned the neck of the bottle around and put it in the big part of the bottle. The fish can find his way in, but has trouble figuring how to get out. I put the little plastic fish inside the trap and lowered it in. 5 minutes later, he was caught. I hope that helps. I've been out of town or I would have responded sooner.
Sheryle

Back