new frag racks

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
I've been posting way more than usual today...oh well.

Found these at drs foster and smith.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4680+20295&pcatid=20295">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4680+20295&pcatid=20295</a>

They look nice, and comparable in price to the diys

These are more expensive, but the nicest looking frag rack I've seen:

MR3S-01.jpg
alt="" />

the diy mag racks use a &gt;$8 mag float, and if you dont have any already a sheet of light diffuser and super glue. I'm sure that plus the labor (at your current hourly rate) is more than the $18 acrylic...

ares;314904 wrote: oh yes, I agree, I was talking about the 2 plugs they give you, acrylic plugs, it would be very inexpensive to make more rather than the 20-25cents that ceramic ones cost.

too true. I'm surprised it doesn't offer to purchase more (couldn't cost that much?)

I would be concerned about detritus buildup on that plastic thing...

LilRobb;315136 wrote: I would be concerned about detritus buildup on that plastic thing...
That's why I opted for the one I posted and threw the other one out. The clear acrylic gets pretty ugly in a matter on days...

Found em,

pretty darn fancy - you said you had one? How do the magnets hold up?

Robb

Like super glue. In fact, there are so strong, I couldn't put them on the same side as my vortec because the magnets were interfearing...

WOW!

That would be a true advantage over the puny MagFloat M magnets - my rack is moving about an inch a day due to water movement

i also have the rack from blackrockreef and i love it!! i do however find the corner one listed on the original post here interesting

I also have a larger blackrock reef frag rack, the magnets on this beast are insane, i had 2 get stuck together and they are nearly impossible to seperate without completely dry hands. Awesome frag rack mine is almost purple now though lol

Back