New FW Planted

db366

Reaction score
fishtank.jpg
alt="" />

75 Oceanic DT
Oceanic Trickle filter
2 65 watt PC + 1 48" t8

It's still super merky, I am waiting on ehiem to ship the part for my canister filter so I can really run some carbon to clear up the water. It dirted with Miracle Grow organic potting soil and then ~70 lbs of Black diamond blasting grit on top as a cap. I plan on running Co2 later on when I finish piecing one together. I also need one more chunk of drift wood and some rocks, any idea where I can pick some up? Either a good LFS or a creek or does anyone have some?? I plan on having Angels, Rams, and maybe some smaller schooling fish. Also as soon as it finishes cycling (using stability) I plan on adding a xxl amazon sword right in the middle as a center piece.

That looks like it is gonna be really nice! Just be careful adding wood from the wild. Just like live rock, you never know what all is there

Ripped Tide;763937 wrote: That looks like it is gonna be really nice! Just be careful adding wood from the wild. Just like live rock, you never know what all is there

Yep, I went down to the creek behind my parents house and it was just about dried up and all the wood was softer wood like pine and such. I need to find a good spot to get a nice piece of oak or something. I'd rather get one that is already water logged so I can just bake it and bleach it instead of having to let it sit for weeks before it will sink. The one piece I already have came from a tank I picked up from a co-worker that used to have a FW planted.

Looks like you are off to a good start. I ran my 80g planted tank the same way except I had mixed PFS in with the Black Diamond. If you run straight floss in you canister or even a HOB, it will clear the tank up in no time.

If either of you guys would like any plant cuttings, let me know I'll be happy to bring down at next meeting.

Back