New GBTA-Does it look OK?

chauwall

Market
Reaction score
I picked up this nice GBTA with purple tips at Tim's (thanks). And acclimated 1 hour and settled him in yesterday. I put him in a crevice, but he seems to settle deeper under cover. Do you think he looks OK? Is that normal? I tried to give it him some food, but he wasn't interested yet. Any tips? What are the symptoms of a dying anemone? Thanks.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
225032=13398-DSC_0005.jpg
>
225032=13398-DSC_0005.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0005.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
225032=13399-DSC_0006.jpg
>
225032=13399-DSC_0006.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0006.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Beautiful looking BTA. I have never seen one with purple tips before. I agree, if it is bubbled up and not hiding, it's ok.

He looks great. Don't be surprised if he moves around a bit -- he may decide to move elsewhere if he decides he doesn't like where he is.

Thanks guys. My anthia died last night, so I feed the nem the body that I pulled from the PH like an hour ago. Ate it all up, so I guess he's doing well. :up:

BTA looks great. Sorry to hear about the anthias, at least it wasn't all lost..

Different opinions about the tips indicating the health or happiness of an anemone. Some say bubbles indicate stress and some say they indicate health. My RBTA has bubble tips at times and at other times it almost looks like an LTA. I had a GBTA once that was completely bleached out, yet still had wonderfully formed bubble tips. Who knows? Maybe BTA's are moody.

P6080091.jpg
alt="" />

My RBTA has bubble tips when the tank temps are over 79 but looses them when it is below 79. The RBTA definatly likes the warmer temps.

i have the same GBTA, look just like twins and that is how mine always looks, big bubbles and pinkish purple tips.

Yeah my GBTA's both look like LTA's most of the time. Every once in a while though they will have a few bubbles...

Oh dear...he spit out the dead anthia and has now crawled further into the crevice, his tentacles look like angelhair pasta and is kind of halfway upside down. Is this a bad sign or is he thinking about wanting to split? Other than that, he doesn't look mucousy or isn't falling apart yet. :sad:

One good thing is my ocellaris clown has been looking at the nem frequently-like a yearning. I didn't think the clown would even care.

I'm curious about the death of the anthia; do you know how it died? I doubt a healthy fish would end up on your powerhead like that and I wouldn't feed anything I'd suspect would be diseased to an anenome. Definitely get the fish remains out of the display. You might consider a partial water change also.

Thanks Linda. The anthia died because I couldn't get it to eat anything for 4 weeks. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. :blush:

I did my routine water change yesterday of about 20% every 2 weeks. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

:sad: Sigh...just when things were looking up...

chauwall;225469 wrote: Thanks Linda. The anthia died because I couldn't get it to eat anything for 4 weeks. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. :blush:

I did my routine water change yesterday of about 20% every 2 weeks. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

:sad: Sigh...just when things were looking up...

the anthia was probably too large for him to digest, the anenome looks fine it just needs to find its spot in your tank there is nothing to be worried about.

give it a few days. It will hopefully be fine. Chop up small small slivers of silverslides and try to feed again tomorrow.

Back