New Geisemann t5 bulbs

I purchase them at Pure Reef, my corals love them; never had a lack of light with 6 over my 110G. I usually get about 8-9 months out of mine. Great colors, options.

kilralpine;968387 wrote: I purchase them at Pure Reef, my corals love them; never had a lack of light with 6 over my 110G. I usually get about 8-9 months out of mine. Great colors, options.

When did you buy them?

Ive bought 2-3 sets, like I said approx every 9 months or so they start losing their color/brightness. Most recent set I bought was about 2 months ago.

kilralpine;968407 wrote: Ive bought 2-3 sets, like I said approx every 9 months or so they start losing their color/brightness. Most recent set I bought was about 2 months ago.

Are they the same ones asin the pics? I think you might have purchased the Geisemann DD bulbs.

You are correct my fault, I run 2 actintic+, 2 aquablue+, and 2 pure actinic.
Are these a new series by Geis or something?

a>

kilralpine;968411 wrote: You are correct my fault, I run 2 actintic+, 2 aquablue+, and 2 pure actinic.
Are these a new series by Geis or something?

http://www.marinedepot.com/D_D_Giesemann_Powerchrome_Midday_T5_High_Output_Fluorescent_Lamp_T5_High_Output_Fluorescent_Light_Bulbs_for_Aquariums-Giesemann_Aquarium_Lighting_Systems-GL2121-FILTBUT5HO-vi.html">http://www.marinedepot.com/D_D_Giesemann_Powerchrome_Midday_T5_High_Output_Fluorescent_Lamp_T5_High_Output_Fluorescent_Light_Bulbs_for_Aquariums-Giesemann_Aquarium_Lighting_Systems-GL2121-FILTBUT5HO-vi.html</a>[/QUOTE]

Ya Geisemann is supposed to release them this month.

Sweet, I wonder what the primary difference(s) are. Will be keeping an eye on these. Ive been very happy with the DDs

Denoted by their new distinctive black packaging for 2014, Giesemann has revised and improved upon all versions within their T5 lamp series. To continue this tradition of producing tools for lighting excellence, the new POWERCHROME T5 series offers the very latest HO (high output) fluorescent technology, using new advances in Tri and Penta-phosphor blending to Giesemann’s own specifications. These new technologies are characterized by exceptionally high output performance, improved coloration, longer lifespan and greater spectral stability over time.

The POWERCHROME range is available in 7 stunning colors and in 4 common sizes ranging from 24, 39, 54 and 80 watts. 5 new Reef Aquarium series T5 blends provide much greater PAR than previous versions and enhances the color and growth of corals while producing an excellent light rendition for optimum aesthetics. 2 unique freshwater T5 blends, particular for tropical aquariums and for the illumination of freshwater planted aquariums, are specially formulated to achieve lush, vibrant, and healthy plant growth.

Sounds like basically an all around improvement and even more color selection. Neat. Kinda wish I had waited now.

They're supposed to be like the ati lamps. Too soon to tell, though.

Back