New LED data and testing results from Sanjay

wildernets

Market
Reaction score
https://www.reefs.com/forum/mag.php?do=wp_post&articleId=167">https://www.reefs.com/forum/mag.php?do=wp_post&articleId=167</a>

Similar to the metal halide article testing he did long ago.

Seems kind of like a "send me some free stuff and I'll test it for you" article. I would guess that the fixtures tested make up less than 5% of what's in common use by the hobbyist, and that's being generous.

Ringo®;1046422 wrote: Seems kind of like a "send me some free stuff and I'll test it for you" article. I would guess that the fixtures tested make up less than 5% of what's in common use by the hobbyist, and that's being generous.

Unfortunately I feel the same way. Why not test some radions,AI, reefbreeders, kessils...I dont know of a single person that owns any of those fixtures.

Looking at some past articles, it looks like he has. Still seems like a send product, get a write up deal. Not that there's really anything wrong with that.

There was a good LED comparison/write up last year in Coral and Amazonas magazines.

cment;1046584 wrote: Unfortunately I feel the same way. Why not test some radions,AI, reefbreeders, kessils...I dont know of a single person that owns any of those fixtures.

He's tested a ton of fixtures. And the point is to test everything, not just popular options.

He gets sent a lot more than he has time to test, so he generally tests what he's interested in seeing. And just because you send it, doesn't mean he'll test it.

He'll get there, think about how long it took him for the MH content that he has....I for one have used that too many times to count! That really helped me dial in my old sps dom tank. Def glad to see the Orphek Atlantik wifi pendant and the Halo tests...I've had my eye on them. Can't wait to see how Kessil is on that list.

glxtrix;1046686 wrote: He'll get there, think about how long it took him for the MH content that he has....I for one have used that too many times to count! That really helped me dial in my old sps dom tank. Def glad to see the Orphek Atlantik wifi pendant and the Halo tests...I've had my eye on them. Can't wait to see how Kessil is on that list.

We've been using the Orphek units on high-end coral builds..they're NICE! Very very good output, coverage, and controllability.

SEA Atlanta;1046688 wrote: We've been using the Orphek units on high-end coral builds..they're NICE! Very very good output, coverage, and controllability.

They have been on my radar for a bit now...I've heard nothing but good things about them. Good to know about your exp as well.

glxtrix;1046692 wrote: They have been on my radar for a bit now...I've heard nothing but good things about them. Good to know about your exp as well.

We lit that jellyfish tank with the Orpheks. That one turned out great. Extremely well lit with 2 fixtures. We could've used just one for a slightly dimmer effect...but why? :lol2:

Back