New lighting for 12 JBJ... Opinions?

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi,

I've researched on several different lighting options for my 12 JBJ.
The Exoxotic Panorama Pro Modules with the Stunner LED strips look pretty sweet and simple enough to install. Has anyone used these on a 12 JBJ or have any input about them? I'm also wondering if I will have an issue with heat?

Any advice or other lighting recommendations would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

I had plans and may still to put them in my Biocube 14g. I only use it as a QT tank at the moment.
However, I do have these LED's installed over my 46g bow front. I have two of the 50/50's, and one full blue strip. These are the Panaorama Pro's, not the Stunners.
At first, I wasn't sure I liked the look of LED's, as the T5's I had filled the tank with light. Meaning no real shadows. I had thought about returning or selling them. I decided to go ahead and build a hanging canopy, install them, and see whats what then.
After getting them installed, they are just a different type of lighting. I really liked them. I began to like the shadows produced from over hanging rocks. The glimmer effect is super cool, and mimics shallow water of the Ocean or a Lake. I don't have huge growth in coral, but I don't really have a lot of coral yet, nor was I over feeding the ones I have. (changing that as we speak, as I am starting to add more)
They do run a bit hot, so I have them on 1" aluminum standoff's so that the Heat Sink on the back side gets plenty of air flow. I have them mounted to a hanging piece of Acrylic 1/4". It is attached to cables and a pulley system so I can raise and lower them as needed.
Shoot me a PM with your email in it and I will email you a pic of my tank if you would like an idea of what they look like on.

Back