New media/ cheato reactor

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
I picked this up 2 weeks ago on Saturday, set it up two weeks ago with a quart sized bag of cheato.
The last image is from today.
I started with 24/7 light for the first week. But now have switched to 18 on 6 off. Letting the algae have a little nap time. I love it but I am a simple person easily amused. :)
I am going to get black tubing, or paint what I have because getting a buildup of algae. Also pickup some black plastic to screen light from tubing.

10wv0o5.jpg
alt="" />

2gvty01.jpg
alt="" />

17d7on.jpg
alt="" />

bhodges82;1114378 wrote: I would like to know what brand reactor and model it is please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was afraid I would get that question. It is a reactor from a brown cardboard box. Only thing on label is model #220 media reactor. No directions, took me more than a few minutes to figure out installation. Feeding it with a mag 5.

It really looks that it's having success on growing the chaeto. Congrats!
I've been willing on try one for a while now to give it a chance on the biocube.
Once I was told that you'd need lots of chaeto for that to be considered as an nutrient export, not sure it would be called thruth.
Many people have success on make it grow, hopefully it's keeping levels on chart.
I first tried in the middle chamber for the biocube with the coralife sump light, after a few time all gave up, then I've removed the skimmer and have used a HOB cascade Fluval filter, some part of it will receive the light and the opposite side will start just melting. Last, I've put some chaeto again in the back chamber but I'm using a different light, a PAR 38 bulb lightning from behind, right on the clear glass part. I hope I can make grow some or next step might be a fluidized reactor.

Back