New member and new nano planning

scubaethan

Market
Reaction score
I just became a member of ARC :yay:

My 12g JBJ nano cube with LEDs is almost 2 months old now. I got some great live rock from Imagine Ocean with tons of mini stars, bristle worms, vermitid snails, and an elusive 1inch crab.

Water quality:
pH 8.1
Ammonia 0
Nitrate <10
Nitrite 0
Alkalinity 2

I have some good algae and plant growth and I think I'm ready for the clean up crew. Does this sound good or too much?
10 cerith
10 nassarius
5 nerite
3 astrea
4 hermits

I plan to have mostly softies and LPS. I'd like to eventually get a clown and some other openly swimming fish as well as a yellow watchman/pistol shrimp pair. Do most of them pair up automatically or am I better of getting a proven pair?

I had this tank set up a few years ago but had to break it down, unfortunately. I got rid of all my livestock on this site. Everyone here was so nice and helpful during my first saltwater endeavor, so I'm glad to be back :up:

Welcome. You picked a good LFS to work with in my mind. :) I will let some of the more experienced chime in on your stocking list but just wanted to say welcome to ARC.

Welcome aboard! Do you know what sort of crab you have in there? Alot of them are not reef or fish safe.

I don't know what kind of crab. I just Google image searched and haven't seen anything like it yet, but then again I've only gotten a few glimpses. It's solid brown and smooth (not hairy) and either one claw was broken or one is much larger than the other.

Is my alkalinity of 2mEq/L too low or normal for a startup tank? I'd like to get some livestock this weekend. I'll do a water change before then.

Back