New member saying hello

Alisa_Kellers_reef

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Alisa, known as Alisa @ Kellers Reef on social media.
I am relatively new to the saltwater hobby. I started my first fish tank in 2020, which was a Forty-gallon tank. For starters, we (my husband and I) had five corals, mostly softies, and three fish. After contemplating and learning a few things, we decided to take the plunge and upgrade to a Red Sea Reefer XXL 625 which consisted of 165 gallons of water volume. As we felt to go big or go home! I fell in love with the hobby when I first purchased my Scolymia (large-polyp stony coral) and Trachyphylia (Open Brain Coral) corals. I was so fascinated with these beautiful animals and the rest is history.
Now the tank is a mature three-year-old mixed reef tank that houses many varieties of inverts, coral, and fish. I love all of them and it is hard to choose favorites, however, these are some of my fish and corals that get my attention, (Blotched Anthias, Copperband butterflyfish, Blue Face scopa tang -Zebrasoma).
In the past two years, I got into SPS and dived into the hobby of researching how to maintain these challenging species of coral. My reefing journey opened endless opportunities where I currently enjoy spending time listening to reefing podcasts, moderating social media groups, and joining and contributing to reef clubs.
Finally, I love this hobby so much that it has become a passion, and it brings me joy to meet fellow reef hobbyists from all over the world.

I'm a board member of Caralona Reefing Community along with Matt and Brandi. Matt is the one who recommended this Club and forum. I need to find his screen name so I can tag him
here is my tank

I do have a build thread on the humblefish forum as well. https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/mix-reef-165-gallons.9263/

Cheers!
Happy reefing!!!
Alisa

Back