New member.

Brandon P88

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I started with freshwater shrimp and fish, always wanted to start a reef tank for as long as I can remember but the price is what was stopping me. When my wife and I bought our house I inherited a 40 gallon reef tank that had been set up and running for about 19 years. It's been awesome adding corals and fish, upgrading equipment(lifereef overflow box and lifereef skimmer) . And making my own bio pellet reactor.
I'm glad to be here and be apart of a awesome local community

I'm hoping by the end of this year I'm planning on upgrading the tank to a 180 gallon if I can find one.

Welcome to the forum, and to the hobby for that matter! It must be nice starting out with something established, huh? I hope you can come to the swap next month, it'll be really fun and a great way to meet with other reefers (feel free to pop by my table ;))
Have a great day and God Bless.

Welcome! That's great, there is nothing better than Reef Tanks :) Biopellet reactors are great, just remember to start with a small amount and give them time to work, adding too much and letting them sit can lead to a super low nutrient system and a whole host of other problems.

For sure , I built it about 5-6 months ago and did alot of research on them before hand about adding little by little every 2 weeks till I got to the desired amount needed to maintain nitrate level.

When We got the tank the only fish was a 5 year old maroon clown, for coral there was gsp , a bunch of hammer coral , Duncan , and galaxea.
Over the last two years ive traded most of the original corals and made the tank a mixed reef. I've run out of room for any more corals that's why I'm hoping to upgrade by the end of the year
Added a flame hawk, lawnmower blenny, strawberry pseudochromis, honey damsel( it's what the lfs called it) and still got the maroon clown.

Back