New piece and possible ID

adamdaniel210

Sponsor
Supporting
Reaction score
I picked this up about 2 weeks ago from my LFS on the $9 rack it was a little brown stick but I figured it was worth a shot well two weeks later it is starting to encrust over the glue and color up I'm excited to see how it turns out
ehadu5uq.jpg
alt="" />

If anybody has an idea of what it may be post it up I'm thinking it may still be to early to tell but it can't hurt to guess

Sent from my iPhone using
m

Aquarium outfitters in Athens I still need to come by Barry and get some stuff and see your tank

Yea I'm broke so I love their $9 rack I have gotten quite a few nice pieces from it

adamdaniel210;952788 wrote: Yea I'm broke so I love their $9 rack I have gotten quite a few nice pieces from it

Aren't we all! I've never seen a $9 rack at a LFS with SPS to bad it's so far away.

I have gotten everything from a hammer to a few acros and chalices and on occasion they have a $3.99 sell got to love Facebook sales

e9a3u4e9.jpg
alt="" />
many3a6u.jpg
alt="" />

Here are a couple update shots it seems be be growing pretty quick it has almost encrusted all of the glue holding it on the plug

Sent from my iPhone using
m

He is doing great hasn't bothered anything at all he just picks off a few pods every so often I like his personality always on the move and always happy to see me

Mine was kept in the tank in the store for 4 weeks before I got him to make sure he wasn't going to mess with anybody or corals

They had them converted to full marine conditions at the store?

It seems to be widely debated, some say fresh, some say brackish, some say marine.

Not saying you can't convert many fish, just not sure what the ideal species only parameters are

They have them in 3 locations at the store one group in the brackish tanks SG 1.008 one in the fish wall tanks at 1.019 and one in the reef tanks at 1.025 as far as I know they progress them over time

From what I understand they go into fresh mainly to spawn most live most of their life in the brackish zones but they find some thriving out in the ocean so honestly I'm not sure where they are most happy but mine seems to enjoy cruising around checking out the corals if I notice any change like he is stressed I will get him into a brackish system

Danny I'm sure y'all will love him when he hits the tank and i fragged a couple of those zoas your wife was wanting I will find something we can trade for them

BGCOOP that's where I got him from and I will be working up there today if you decide to make the trip introduce your self I love meeting people from the forum cause most are fish geeks like me

Back