New plumbing questions

DiefsReef

Supporting
Reaction score
Figured I would drop the question into a forum to have the responses available to others in the future. Not sure if it should be under DIY but will let moderators move if needed.

I completed all of the plumbing for my mixing station, since I used PVC Cement, I thought it’s probably important to flush out the pipe after its dried a bit.
Do I need to flush with vinegar or can I just use RO and be good?
How long should you wait before using the plumbing? (dry time says 24hrs)

Figured I would drop the question into a forum to have the responses available to others in the future. Not sure if it should be under DIY but will let moderators move if needed.

I completed all of the plumbing for my mixing station, since I used PVC Cement, I thought it’s probably important to flush out the pipe after its dried a bit.
Do I need to flush with vinegar or can I just use RO and be good?
How long should you wait before using the plumbing? (dry time says 24hrs)
PVC cement dries extremely fast. 24 hours is plenty. I just ran regular tap water to test all the pipes then drained it completely. Let it air out for another day and then went right to using it after. Never had an issue on my end.

PVC cement dries extremely fast. 24 hours is plenty. I just ran regular tap water to test all the pipes then drained it completely. Let it air out for another day and then went right to using it after. Never had an issue on my end.
Thx @civics14 I was going to ask you guys in your thread but figured I wouldn't :) spam

I just flush the lines with whatever water is available when water testing. If it's tap so be it, once drained, any little bit left behind isn't going to hurt anything.

Back