New Pump For skimmer (problem)

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
I just purchased a new pump for my skimmer from Sam today and I am having a problem adjusting the bubble height in the skimmer (it's an aquamedic turbo flotor). Basically, it's skimming way too wet and I can't bring it down.

Will it just be a while until the pump "breaks in"?

Thanks.

could be but you should be able to adjust it. You might want to try to raise the skimmer body up in the sump if you have the room. Try setting it on a rubbermaid container, that way its not submursed so much. This should help adjust the backpressure as well as adjusting level of water in the skimmer. This might help out. If not then what I just said was all BS, lol.

Have you pulled those level adjusting knobs out? You can also cut back the air with a valve which can sometimes lower the water level however it can have the opposite effect as well.

Lee....I have maybe another 6 inches to work with to raise the skimmer if i wanted too......how far up should I raise it?

Cam....I have not pulled the adjuster knobs out...should I?

All I have been doing is turning them in circles....I can raise the water level and lower back down to where it is...the problem is that where it is is pretty high.

if i pull them out and it lowers the water level too much i guess i lll have to go with raising the skimmer?

any reason you can think of i wasn't having this problem with the old pump?

The new pump is probably pushing more water, sucking less air or possibly sucking more air. It will likely fall off as the pump breaks in.

cool.....thanks for being around at 2am...ill go try those things and let you know how it works out.

raise the skimmer a bit but obviously make sure you keep the pump underwater. As Cam said, there is a few things that would make the skimmer freak out, prolly getting more air than what it use to be.

what we need to do jorge is put a 5 foot extention on that bad boy and make it a real skimmer! I dont think you'll have any overflow issues then ;)

Back