new reflectors

ksauerb322

Market
Reaction score
Just put in my new reflectors(Lumenmax Elites w/250watt Radium 20k's run off ARO electronic ballasts) and a couple quick tank shots with my crappy camera phone.

Thanks again Tim at Keen Reef for hooking me up!
0210091420.jpg
alt="" />
0210091418a.jpg
alt="" />
0205091219a.jpg
alt="" />
0205091219.jpg
alt="" />

Nice tank How big is it? Bet you get a sh** ton of evap huh?

Thanks! 90 gallon with a 49 gallon cube plumbed into it. 5 gallons of water every 3-4 days, fan is controlled by my reefkeeper so it's not on that often.

I figure you know this but be sure to light acclimate those corals. I bet they are getting blasted by the new beams of furious light. Reminds me of myself on the first warm day of spring, except when I RTN, I turn red.

Hi Kurt.
Wicked looking reflectors. Tim is the man.

If you are not already, you may want to take your photoperiod down to 4 or 4.5 hours for a week, and then increase 1/2 hour a week until you ge to 7-8 hours daily. Keep a VERY close watch on your SPS corals because new light can bleach or kill them in a matter of a day or two.

When I went from 2 x 250 watt Current HQI to two new 250 watt LB minis, I cut the photoperiod down to 4 hours a day and followed the schedule I described. This was on the advice of my Vendor, and I still bleached out two corals and a Monti. Had to do it again when I upgraded to a six foot reef and three 400 watt LB Minis.
Dave

Thanks for the info. I'll run them 4 hours, starting off, as you guys suggested. Only thing that sucks about these reflectors is that I can't run my t12's due to space. I ran a daylight and an actinic with my old setup. I'm thinking a couple t5's cutting on a little before my halides because I only like running my halides 6 hours.

Borrowed a par meter today to get some numbers. My bulbs are 12 inches from the water, Radium's are 7 months old, and the ballasts I've had since Jan 2000. No supplemental lighting, taken with the Mag 12 return pump running, and my tunzes off (kept blowing the meter around!)

parreadings.jpg
alt="" />

Great info thanks. I have 2 250W Radiums and 2 Lumen Brite Reflectors on the way. :)

Here's the pics of the readings on the sandbed, 22 inches from the waterline

0213091356.jpg
alt="" />
0213091350.jpg
alt="" />
0213091329.jpg
alt="" />

.....and playing around with my seahorse tank. 24x24x20 cube with a Sunlight supply New wave T5 24x4. I didn't know what bulb to go with, so I'm trying out 1 of each for the time being. The light is hanging 2 1/2-3 inches above the waterline, and the measurement was taken with the return pump running. Not great, but I am only keeping zoas, macroalgaes, and a frag rack, which is getting 330 par at it's location.

Geismann
Actinic + Pure Actinic +
Aquablue+ 6000k Midday

seahorsepar.jpg
alt="" />

Looking good Kurt, I still think those reflectors would look much nicer on my tank so set them out by the mailbox tonight and ill make sure those eyesores are gone before you wake up.

I tell you what, I'll leave you the same thing my dog left me when I got home after working 12 hours the other night. It will be in a brown paper bag, you can't miss it!

Back