New refugium..

william1

Market
Reaction score
So I bought this sump from another member. What I am going to do is replace the wet/dry that I have right know with the new sump/refugium. The sump is going to need a couple pieces of plexi glass and some modifying. I have an insump skimmer right know that is going to be outside the new refugium along with the return sump motor. Here are a few pics of the sump before and I will add pics of the build daily if I can. The first pic is the new refugium the second pic has the new plexi set in place before glueing. the last pic is what I currently have.
dscn2602tl2.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2603yl7.jpg
alt="" /></a>
newpics102xf7.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Ok here are some more pics I had to drill some holes in the left side for some bulk heads. I also added an extra baffle (plexi glass) by the intake to slow the incoming water down into the refugium area. and were the water leaves the refugium to the bubble diffuser. I'm not the neatest person with sylicone either I found out.

The extra bulk head fittings are for the skimmer intake at the top of the left side.

The middle bulk head is for the return all the way back the the refugium. There is an end cap going on the end of the 1" pvc in the refugium were I drilled some holes for a spraybar hopefully this will give enough current in the ref.

The bottom bulk head is for the return sump to the tank.....

Here are a few more pics of the process..

dscn2611mn6.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2615uj8.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2616nq6.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2617fu2.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2612yl8.jpg
alt="" /></a>

The lights are the best they are so much brighter than the old ones I got some pink birdsnest now and a couple others...

Thanks the dog has a.d.d. aint wont leave my side when I get home...

Okay so here we are the process of removing the old sump and putting the new refugium under the tank. Had all my piping laid out yesterday and proceeded to unhook the whole mess of stuff I got going on under the tank.....

Here are a few pics for everyone. So far so good had a couple of little minor leaks that I am reparing. Going to get a light for the refugium area in the next couple of days..
dscn2620ar1.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2621ut5.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2622hv2.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2623in1.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2624hm9.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn2625qd5.jpg
alt="" /></a>