New RO/DI Filters

russ

Market
Reaction score
I am in need of getting all new RO/DI filters and a flow restrictor. My setup has not been funning for years so I am sure the filters are shot.

Which filters do you recommend? I know a lot of people like the spectra pure, but their filters seem a little expensive... Looking for advice. The system I have is like the one pictured below.

I usually run

1) sediment filter
2) carbon
3) carbon plus 1 (whatever that is)
4) Dual RO Membrane
5) DI Resin.

Is that the best setup? I see there are silica filters... and yes I do have a booster pump.

MISER_1.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Bulk reef supply sells the replacement filter kit. You will still need a R/O membrane replacement for both membranes. They might still be good. Generally you can get two to three years on a membrane if you use a flush kit.

a>

Bcavalli;965536 wrote: Bulk reef supply sells the replacement filter kit. You will still need a R/O membrane replacement for both membranes. They might still be good. Generally you can get two to three years on a membrane if you use a flush kit.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-5-stage-ro-di-replacement-filter-kit-1.html">Http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-5-stage-ro-di-replacement-filter-kit-1.html</a>[/QUOTE]

Even a flush kit is not necessary here, and RO membranes last a lot longer than three years here because of our very low TDS in Atlanta, typically 35-40 out of the tap. A flush kit would not hurt, of course, but not really needed, IME. We have ARC Members getting 8-10 years out of RO membranes.

Russ,
Go with the regular BRS replacement kit for their 5 stage system Brett linked to, plus two 75 gpd membranes, assuming you have the 2x 75 (150 GDP total) water saver system. I would consider the flush kit optional.

Do you think my membranes might be ok? They have been sitting for years.

russ;965567 wrote: Do you think my membranes might be ok? They have been sitting for years.

No I don't think they would be good. RO membranes are supposed to be stored in a zip loc bag in a refrigerator if not used for a long period of time. They would be contaminated and ruined if they just dried out or stayed wet at room temperature.

I purchased all new filters from a company I have never used or heard of http://www.h2ofilters.com">www.h2ofilters.com</a>

so far their customer service has been great and their prices are even better. I got the RO membranes for 1/2 of what BRS charges for them. At BRS my RO Membranes were gona cost me $90 plus shipping, I got all my filters and 2 75gpd filmtec RO membranes and shipping for $99.00

Back