New skimmer day!!!

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
I’ve been putting off buying a skimmer for a long time. I finally bit the bullet yesterday. Shout out to Shaq for a great price on what I wanted.
So, here are some pics! I won’t bore you al with specs. You can look them up if you’re interested.
2279459b371d8f34610640843514b2b8.jpg

988df1aaf91f2a27775f6a2229f4294c.jpg

3b21b36e38e734b56f0c913ef2ffd4ab.jpg

eb34eec44695b10a2d05a48c145c690e.jpg

c1cf89686151ae150891e979f6a48138.jpg

eb94881e85ba445083fd94791769d706.jpg

5541d865be220870a5f4dd4bcf16b535.jpg

175637afb1155bb5b9201d88fd2b522d.jpg

4da001a54039c8b87920a2fc4e68c514.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice
New equipment is always fun. I just got done setting up a new doser

Saw the reviews that the English guy Aaron’s Aquariums did on this skimmer when it first released- what an awesome piece of equipment! Congrats!

Nice
New equipment is always fun. I just got done setting up a new doser
I've been needing a skimmer for MONTHS now since my last one just stopped. It was a BKmini180. but get this... it was 1st gen... that thing has been kicking a while and speaks to the quality of the machine. I'm impressed with the build quality of this one as well. VERY heavy acrylic build just like the BK. I'm excited about the float switch cut off! No more full cups of skimmate overfilling into my sump!

Saw the reviews that the English guy Aaron’s Aquariums did on this skimmer when it first released- what an awesome piece of equipment! Congrats!
I saw that one as well. I did take a chance on this one as there just aren't that many reviews out there for some reason. So far I'm liking it 24hrs in and I have some pretty gross stuff.

Looks fancy! Dual dc pump, nice!
There are a lot of features on this guy. The dual DC pumps are cool but you can also make it so that one is closed to the outside and the other recirculates within the skimmer if you choose. The water level / gate is really REALLY easy to adjust and get right. It has a auto shut off via the float switch at the top of the cup. See those two white things on the side? That's the water level it should go in... no guessing. The picture of the base where I'm pointing... those are quick release tabs for the body. 4 snaps and it comes right off for cleaning. This one just scratched some itches I had so I jumped for it.

Looks pretty. I love my skimmer but if it ever fails, I can’t afford a new BK, so definitely good to know of an alternative. I am not a fan of RO skimmers, they seem so l
I have some pretty good gross skimmate so far! i'm pretty impressed. Honestly I'm not sure my BK skimmed any better, but the thing is it lasted FOREVER. As far as noise goes the BK was as close to silent as you can get. For real. QUIET.
These DC motors do have a hum but they aren't annoyingly loud. That may also quieten a little over time, I doubt it but it may.
What sold me on this one was all the forward thinking things that just make sense imo :)

I have some pretty good gross skimmate so far! i'm pretty impressed. Honestly I'm not sure my BK skimmed any better, but the thing is it lasted FOREVER. As far as noise goes the BK was as close to silent as you can get. For real. QUIET.
These DC motors do have a hum but they aren't annoyingly loud. That may also quieten a little over time, I doubt it but it may.
What sold me on this one was all the forward thinking things that just make sense imo :)
Its funny you say that, I had moved all my returns back to AC pumps because how much quieter it is.

Back