New sweet favia

jaustin

Market
Reaction score
I think this is Dragons soul favia....i'm going to be checking online. Anyway its in my tank and I freekin love it.

100_3771.jpg
alt="" />

Nice!

You may already know this but unless it was sold to you as dragon soul the it just a real nice prism favia. I have a prism myself. They are awesome.

Good find.

Joe

This thing is going to be a killer when it gets a few more heads on it.

Guys, do favias grow slowly for you?

I have your typical 'Christmas' Favia, green and red, and I swear it hasnt grown a bit in 8 months. It is in lower light near the bottom of the tank. Colors are great, but man, are tehy really that slow?

I have a red and green. I have had it for about 6 months and it has doubled in size. Went from about 15ish heads to over 30...

Well dont leave me hanging on that note. Where is it in your tank? Any feeding? Lots of light?

It sits on the sand bed of my 90 with 6 t5's 4 overdriven, but most of the growth happened in my old tank, on the sand bed with a stock nova extreme pro fixture.

I think I have fed it like 4 times. I just do it when I am really bored and not drinking at 1am...I'll get a pic up.

Favias grow quickley for me too. I have a War favia that has 14 new heads. I bought it 2 months ago. My other favias grow quick too. I have most of them a little more than half way up under a 400w XM 20k and two superactinic VHO's with one 50/50 vho. I feed every other night with vitamin enriched brine and have lots of flow.

Hmm, my war coral seem sto be growing ok, but the christmas one is the odd ball. they are my only 2 favias.

I may move it around a bit.

JAustin, do you have a tank thread? I'd like to see your setup. A 400W over a 65? Feel the Power!

I don't really have a new tank thread, my tank was cheapley put together at first. Over the 2 years of having my 65g i have upgraded almost everything. I have a 24" tank that will be here in a couple of weeks, I'll have a tank thread when that gets in.

Oh and the 400w halide was the best thing i have ever done. My SPS are getting color back and growing. I have it about 14" above the water and it lights up my entire 36" tank. The Luminmax pendant does it's job.

Here are some pics of my favias.

This one had about 4 heads 4 months ago,
100_3773.jpg
alt="" />

This one is about 3.5 monts old and has many new heads
100_3774.jpg
alt="" />

I've had this christmas favia for a 18 months and it's almost doubled in size.
100_3775.jpg
alt="" />

My new one that ate like a piggy last night
100_3776.jpg
alt="" />

And my war coral that gas grown many new heads in just a couple months
100_3778.jpg
alt="" />

Those pics were only with the two superactinic VHO and the one 50/50 VHO. THe halide only comes on for 4 hours later on in the day.

you can see where it is buldged out. It started 6 months ago with 1 full circle around the buldge. Now it has spread out all over that rock. I am trying to get it to spread to the rock behind it and below it now...

DSC00262.jpg
alt="" />

Very nice favias.

Here are mine

War Coral:

DSC_0221-1.jpg
alt="" />

Unknown that I believe is in the favite family:

DSC_0252.jpg
alt="" />

Christmas

DSC_0848.jpg
alt="" />

No idea but it looks really sick nasty. I like it.

Does it have big sweeper tenticles? My christmas favia has got some major reach.

It only has about a half inch of tentacles. How do you frag these things. I have been scared to.

Dremel or saw. They are hardy and recover easily from my experience.

Most of mine grow slow but not creeping slow. The war coral grows well for me.

Joe

Back