New tank light suggestions

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
So long story short.. my cousin says hey I got you a new house warming get I'm thinking awesome that's nice of you. It's a 90 gallon tank now I'm thinking this is better than I thought. So this will be my 2nd and slowly starting to forsee one more.. haha 🐠👍anyways it is 48 in wide so I figure 2 lights is what's going to be needed any suggestions good and bad? I jumped into my first light not doing that again thanks for the help and sorry for the novel.

Not quite sure yet truthfully I no there are expensive lights I also know that some of them are more dazzle than efficient I'd like to have personal thoughts I have always wanted kessil just not sure.

DavidinGA;1029031 wrote: One eBay cheapo led box (55 leds) and two T5's.
Hey David, any suggestions or links for this combo. Pics would be nice too if you're loving the combo on your tank

I think he's talking about these - I see lots of folks on here with them, but I have no experience personally.
ref=sr_1_cc_2

sbfishman;1029084 wrote: Hey David, any suggestions or links for this combo. Pics would be nice too if you're loving the combo on your tank
They are rebranded ones off eBay that have 55 leds and are advertised as full spectrum 165w leds. I like the layout of the AquaStar ones the best (only two reds) and they cost about $90 and light a 2ftx2ft area.

<a href=" http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281553749262&alt=web
"> http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281553749262&alt=web
</a>

For T5's the best choice is Let Miro-4 T5 retro kit.
a>

What kessil did you go with and does it have a problem with multi coral? Not just recommend for just like lps or sps?

Dylan Ringwood;1029117 wrote: What kessil did you go with and does it have a problem with multi coral? Not just recommend for just like lps or sps?

I have two 360W-E kessils and I'm setting growth from all coral types

If you want sustained long term growth go MH or T5. ATI sunpower would be a great choice. Or something as simple as a 250w Hamilton pendant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got two 250w MH fixtures and ballast that I could let go for $200. I believe the fixtures are PFO fixtures. They use the double ended bulbs and electronic ballasts. The ballast can either be a single ballast with two outputs (Blueline ballast) or I can do two single ballasts in a case that will have one power input and two outputs. The ballasts are either ARO or Ice Cap (can't remember which ones I put in the case). New bulbs in them with about a months use...20,000k bubls.

Ok official I did go with kessil 360 thanks again everyone. I will gladly change the topic to skimmers if anyone wants to play &#128515;. 90g should I go with something rated for little over 100g?

I just got this a couple weeks ago:
https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-48/">Reefbreeders Photon 48</a>

It's what I like to affectionately call "the business"

Back