New tank on the way

Fuegobunny

Reaction score
Hi all I never used a form or anything before so please don't judge me lol. But I am so happy to announce that I am going to start my first reef tank. It's going to be a 25g lagoon. I have been wanting a reef tank since I was in high school so this is very exciting for me. I hope you guys can give me tips and tricks on this hopefully life long journey. ( May start a YouTube also. Let me know if you guys would be interested in watching.

Dont you mean fireconejito
Happy Sami Zayn GIF by WWE

Welcome to ArC. I’m in marietta and if you like to swing by to check out my tank, let me know. My tank is only been up for 4 month so you may get some good example of husbandry and dosing etc. 30Gallon is what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to ArC. I’m in marietta and if you like to swing by to check out my tank, let me know. My tank is only been up for 4 month so you may get some good example of husbandry and dosing etc. 30Gallon is what I have.

I would love to come see the tank! Is this also your first tank?

I would love to come see the tank! Is this also your first tank?

I was in the hobby for a while (close to 10yrs of reef tank and 3yrs of freshwater), and took a break for 4/5yrs. In those 10yrs I had, 45,65,34,120, and at the biggest was total of 200gallon system. Came back and realize all those years of trail and failure taught me everything I need to know to have stable tank. It’s all about the enjoyment and seeing each others succeed is what this hobby is all about.

Let me know when you want to swing thru. I live near Delk rd. I be free this weekend with my son over.

I was in the hobby for a while (close to 10yrs of reef tank and 3yrs of freshwater), and took a break for 4/5yrs. In those 10yrs I had, 45,65,34,120, and at the biggest was total of 200gallon system. Came back and realize all those years of trail and failure taught me everything I need to know to have stable tank. It’s all about the enjoyment and seeing each others succeed is what this hobby is all about.

Let me know when you want to swing thru. I live near Delk rd. I be free this weekend with my son over.

I would love to pick your brain about this hobby. I am free next Saturday if the works for you man.

Just got my rock in the mail today. Anyone have good tips for aquascaping? I would greatly appreciated it!

Attachments

• 20221103_193430.jpg
    20221103_193430.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 27
Just got my rock in the mail today. Anyone have good tips for aquascaping? I would greatly appreciated it!

Break that rock into smaller pieces using a chisel and hammer. I have brand new putty mix kit you can have to glue em together. Initially you probably want to use a cardboard to lay out your aqua scape to your liking before putty. If you want you can put them in a tote and start the curing cycle as well which will help you with process and possibly skip the big part of the ugly stages.

Break that rock into smaller pieces using a chisel and hammer. I have brand new putty mix kit you can have to glue em together. Initially you probably want to use a cardboard to lay out your aqua scape to your liking before putty. If you want you can put them in a tote and start the curing cycle as well which will help you with process and possibly skip the big part of the ugly stages.

Buy some shelf rock and base rock. I made the mistake of not having either and I can tell you I struggled to get things to stay put and to make the kinds of overhangs and shelves I wanted. I will be in the market for some shelf and base rock in the very near future so I can build a new aquascape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
Thank you for the tips, I may have to take you up on the offer.

Back