New Tank Scape ideas

Treylipp

Market
Reaction score
My dems of the tank are 24x24x21 anyone have anything around the same size? Just trying to get ideas!!

I thought that the negative space aquascape done by Ryan on BRS was cool. It’s also called an NSA aquascape as well I think. Check YouTube if you’re interested, it should be easy to find

I think the NSA scapes look really cool as well. I think there are some drawbacks though. Yes, he has excellent flow and his tank bottom is almost self-cleaning because of how it is designed. However, his fish have no place to hide or rest from the flow. He has already lost a few fish that might have benefited from the hiding places a more traditional scape might provide. Of course once his tank matures the coral in combination with the rock will create a labyrinth of hiding places. But what do you do the first year or two? Right now he is building some semi-temporary structures in his tank to work in the meantime.

It would be cool if you could design a scape similar to his but the core is a bit more solid to allow for caves.

I’m messing around with my 32x24x18. The pile of rocks in front is meant to be an archway but I didn’t want to just leave it hanging without any sort of adhesive
CFCFD59F-6F8C-49A5-9D99-D58CC3C30285.jpeg

I like the caribsea shapes. It's not perfect but it doesn't require gluing and if I need to get something out,I just pull a couple rocks out. I'm thinking of mixing this with their shelf rock when I set up my 120

Attachments

• IMG_20201223_215414.jpg
    IMG_20201223_215414.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20201223_215411.jpg
    IMG_20201223_215411.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 17
I like the caribsea shapes. It's not perfect but it doesn't require gluing and if I need to get something out,I just pull a couple rocks out. I'm thinking of mixing this with their shelf rock when I set up my 120

This was a route I was leaning toward I just don’t know how to make the shelf rocks look natural!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest. I don't worry about it looking natural. at the end of the day whether it looks like a natural rock formation or not, it's going to look beautiful when it's full of coral and fish. Do what you like

Back