New tank stand? Builders?

darren24

Market
Reaction score
I just bought a 120 that came with the stock stand. We just had our kitchen remodeled and the guy that did it said he could build one for me. He did EXCELLENT work on the cabinets and all but this would be his first stand. He told me he could make me one for around $385 that was dressed up a little. Do you think this is reasonable?

P.S. He told me he has watched several stands being made via Utube and understands the bracing, etc.

If he's worth his salt at all I would trust his knowledge of bracing, really not that difficult to calculate. $385 is certainly reasonable assuming of course the quality and look is what your after.

Is he talking 2 x 4 skinned frame.... or cabinet quality 3/4" plywood construction?

Check out the build thread for my custom stand from Allen.

They do anything from a very basic stand to really fancy trim painted or stained. I'm sure he can shoot you some pictures but I highly recommend talking to him. Can't hurt to shop around a little. I am very satisfied with my stand and what I paid for it.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87179">
Build thread</a>

Also, the stock stand you got from me is in great shape. I didn't see any water damage at all. You should be able to get a fair price for it.

Yes the stand is perfectly fine. My wife just wants it to match the furniture.

Thank everyone for your input. :)

material is not cheap these days..I priced out a stand with my buddy for a new oversized stand for my 60x18x21 stand and the materials alone were around $500..even at his cost.

Back