New tank

jordanbevis

Market
Reaction score
I’m getting back into the hobby after 3 years, and we just started cycling our new tank. One of the rocks has patches of white cloudy slime. I haven’t had this happen in the past, we used live sand, dry rock. I figure it’s just the die off of the rock? Is there anything I need to do?
64918fec90794f3c7907409568b283e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see you back! Let me know when you're ready for corals! Whatever that white stuff is just let it be. I'm with @civics14 and whenever I hear about white stuff I think bacteria. I'm not professional but, if that were my tank, I'd try to blow it off with a turkey baster just to get it looking better and continue on with your cycle. I'm guessing you use some sort of bacterial starter? Of perhaps the live sand had a bunch of bacteria.

Glad to see you back! Let me know when you're ready for corals! Whatever that white stuff is just let it be. I'm with @civics14 and whenever I hear about white stuff I think bacteria. I'm not professional but, if that were my tank, I'd try to blow it off with a turkey baster just to get it looking better and continue on with your cycle. I'm guessing you use some sort of bacterial starter? Of perhaps the live sand had a bunch of bacteria.

Thanks! Excited to be back! Yes, I have live sand and dosed a little of dr. Tim’s ammonia to get it started. Parameters as of yesterday were :

Kh- 150
Ph- 7.8
No2-0
No3- 0
Nh3/4- 3.5

Just wanted to check and make sure I didn’t need to take the rock out. Will turkey baster tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back