New to ARC, new to Atlanta

scuba steve

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
<span style="color: royalblue;"><span style="font-family: &quot;">Hi all!
I just wanted to introduce myself; my name is Steve Keuper and just moved to Atlanta from La Crosse, WI. I just joined ARC, unfortunately not in time to know about your recent meeting. I just re-setup my 58g reef tank and will be looking to stock it soon, please let me know what frags and what-not anyone has available. I&#8217;ve been skimming the posts, but any advice on good stores or just anything to do in Atlanta would also be appreciated, everything is new to me. I'm also an avid SCUBA diver looking for dive buddies, any good dive spots nearby?

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the next meeting,
Steve</em>

P.S. - anyone with myspace can find me at myspace.com/theaquaticlife</span></span>

Well Welcome to Atlanta and Welcome to the club.

You will find a whole bunch of information here and more then a few frags that people are selling (Or giving away) from time to time. What type of corals are you looking for?

As far as diving... There are a few SCUBA nuts here, myself included, and when the weather warms up, there are a few places to FW dive and the coast is not too far away for a weekend dive trip. (Plus airline tickets to good diving spots are pretty cheap from Atlanta.) Talk to these guys about getting involved with the Georgia aquarium and diving in the tanks...

So, again, welcome and make yourself at home!

Glad to have you aboard!

There is great diving, primarily because the flights are pretty cheap to Mexico, Caymans, Bahamas, etc., etc.

Georgia Aquarium diving is great too!

Hope to see you at the next meeting!

I forgot to mention what brought me to Atlanta; I just started working at the Aquarium in LSS (Life Support Systems Operator) and will start diving soon, hope to see you guys there!

welcome to atlanta and tgbe ARC. we have a lot of divers ib this club and volunteers at GAI. i work in coldwater husbandry, but not right now

Welcome to the Club, Steve ~ ~ look forward to seeing you @ a meeting soon. Good timing for you, since the next meeting will be frags, frags, frags and you're setting up a new system.

Make yourself at home!!

:)

Scuba Steve... you must take a bath every day to be part of this club.

Cameron;121298 wrote: Scuba Steve... you must take a bath every day to be part of this club.

DO NOT listen to the man with the scary avatar!!!

(showers are perfectly acceptable)

:)

Cameron;121298 wrote: Scuba Steve... you must take a bath every day to be part of this club.

Darn I forgot about that rule! Brandon I'm going to have to quit. I'm not disclosing what day I missed, but I know there is no exceptions! :sick: Darn broken foot!

jefft;121344 wrote: Darn I forgot about that rule! Brandon I'm going to have to quit. I'm not disclosing what day I missed, but I know there is no exceptions! :sick: Darn broken foot!

shhhhh.... don't let on that we break bones of those who do not keep up with their personal hygiene. It's a little early in the game for that.

;)

Back