new twist on the BRS net top

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
So I stole this idea from R2R. Rather than using window screen frame, I used 1/4" acrylic to make 2 rectangle frames and sandwich the net between them using weldon. Pulling the net tight causes the frame to bow quite a bit, but I like the look better than the brown or black window screen frame.

8A765DAB-F295-4576-8B1A-D120FC66986E.jpg
alt="" />

BA7F622A-128D-4132-B3CB-C6C2AD06BBAE.jpg
alt="" />

CA66FF76-5E50-4131-B31E-AF45829DBED1.jpg
alt="" />

how did you manage to keep the net tight while the weldon set? one idea to prevent the bowing would be to keep a sheet of acrylic inside the cut out frame while the weldon sets. idk if it would stay after you remove the sheet but its worth a shot.

Picoreefguy;957226 wrote: how did you manage to keep the net tight while the weldon set? one idea to prevent the bowing would be to keep a sheet of acrylic inside the cut out frame while the weldon sets. idk if it would stay after you remove the sheet but its worth a shot.

I did a small section at a time, trying to pull it tight in between sections. I don't really thing there is a way to keep the 1/4" acrylic from bowing. The bigger the tank, the more it will bow. If I do it again, I will just to find 1/4X3/4 rectangle acrylic.

Back