Next question - what’s your favorite two part?

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
Been using Seachem cause I got a BOGO deal. About to restock - what’s your preferred two part brand?

I've always been a Seachem Powdered guy. Reef Calcium Advantage and Reef Builder. But I've recently made the switch to Aquavitro's Fusion 1&2. I'm happy with it and will certainly use it until I run out. That'll be a while because my display system is only 65g. A lot of people love the BRS 2 Part and it really is cheaper but I've never really had to dose all that much and the cost for the powdered Seachem products was pretty cheap over the course of a year. However, my demand is growing and it's looking like I'll be going through quite a bit more Fusion 1&2 and that's going to start costing more. When I run out, I'm going to buy the Bulk Reef Supply 2 Part Starter pack and give it a whirl.

I watched this the other day. Really informative as far as costs go.

FWIW, I'm using BRS two part but i can't give much feedback. Ive only had it for a week. I used red sea in the past but i was terrible about keeping up with it. I'm going to get a doser in the coming weeks. I have a vacation planned in 2 weeks so I'm waiting until after that to set it up. I want to be around in case things get screwy.

In that video, I'm intrigued by the BRS two part with Tropic Marin part c for trace elements. I have to say at (I think) ~$7/month it is easily the most affordable. With a solid fuge running and dosing 2 part and trace, a stable tank could go a long time in between water changes. Does anybody do that combo?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've got a 4 pump doser running Seachems 2 parts 1 and 2, as well as Red Sea Coral program A and B - dripping one ML of SEachem part 1 on the hour and one ML part 2 on the half hour - all of this in a fourty gallon long. This matches my corals absorb rate (I've been testing daily for a week or so, and I have a LOT of corals :p). Only dropping in 4 ML of Red Sea coral program per day, one ML every four hours.

The reason I ask this question is because I've only ever used Seachem, and I'll need to restock sooner rather than later, so I wanna get some ideas on others' two part successes.

With that level of consumption, I'd for sure look at BRS 2 Part. You can go even cheaper buy running bulk soda and some other calcium powder but I've never looked into that much. I figured the BRS is consistently well-like that when I needed to start saving $$$, I'd just go that route.

RHF's 2-Part recipes are the cheapest. Followed by BRS. When it comes to 2-part, the vast majority seem to be using one of these two.

Before I started using a CARX I was using BRS. But towards the end I started using sodium hydroxide for Alk following RHF's recipe here. This one helps boost pH.

I’ve been using B-ionic 2 part for several years with GHL dosing pumps. I buy the 4 Gallon (4 gals of each part, total 8 gals) size for $89. Works out to $23 for a gallon of each and almost lasts me a year. Had very good results with this and the cost is pretty reasonable.

I also was/am a huge fan of B-ionic for 7 years or so. About 2 years ago, I switched to Fritz RPM because i was able to get it for ultra cheap and I was dosing over 300mL daily (spread out over 8 intervals). Fritz is weaker than B-ionic, but it was still a good savings.

When I moved here, I only kept frags and small colonies to reduce my load. But I still have about 8g left to burn through. At which point, I’ll probably switch back to B-ionic.

Back