Nice Surprise in my overflow

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
I've been sick with the flu for over a week now so did not make the meeting tonight. I came downstairs to try and net the male Bangaii Cardinal to collect the latest batch of babies but he is not wanting to be caught. While I was killing time I figured I'd check the overflow to see if there were any of the little guys in there since I could already see one alive and swimming in the spines of the urchin. Nothing in the overflow except a bunch of nasty looking algae. I had time to kill so I put a net under the drain pipe and pulled the standpipe, thinking maybe I would catch a couple of the Bangaii cards. No cardinals in the net but in the middle of the gunk and algae that came out, I found my STARRY BLENNY!!! I had bought him from Sal about 5 months ago and after about 3 days in the tank I could not find him. I thought I looked everywhere including the overflow but somehow I missed finding him. He must have been living in the overflow the past five months. He looks pretty good for having gone through that ordeal!
Still trying to catch the male Bangaii but at least I have a new fish again!

Way cool!
BZ

Now if I could just catch that wascal wabbit......

elmerfudd.jpg
alt="" />

Tried most of the night to catch the cardinal but no luck! I did catch the one little beggar that got loose and was in the urchin. Not sure if the male will release the rest of them tonight or still be holding in the morning.

Caught the male late last night and got him moved. Looks like about a dozen or so babies this batch. Woohoo!

BZ

I am curious to know how these broods fare.

What is the final disposition of all these offspring?

Do you have cardinals everywhere in your house lol?

Seedless Reefer;305225 wrote: I am curious to know how these broods fare.

What is the final disposition of all these offspring?

Do you have cardinals everywhere in your house lol?

ummmm.... sort of! Right now there are four nursery tanks going. This is alot of work! I may need to quit the day job to keep taking care of these fish. The oldest ones are in a 25G, and I keep the smaller ones in seperate tanks (2.5G) until they are big enough to coexist. The clowns are in another nursery tank. Everybody gets NHBS and powdered food so it's not too bad feeding, just have to keep up on the WC and topoff. Each tank has a small HOB as well. Lots of fun!

BZ

Back