nifty little discovery today

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
Upon fragging my green star corals today I found several things.
1. Apstasia
2. Micro brittle stars. (Yes from an earlier post. They are in fact micro brittle stars
3. Some kind of bug looking thing.... I removed all of them.
4. A crab!!! He is brown and white with dark brown claws. I'll post pics of him. Oh and a purple sea cuc.

It looks like silver fish. Except underwater. It creeper me out and did t look nice so I got rid of it. I'm sure there are more that I didn't find so if it is in fact good. Then it will more than likely show back up. I boiled the apstasia. It died and I sacked it out. Watched a video on it. Tried it and it worked perfectly. The frags opened up nicely too. I'm quite happy with them. The crab is in qt tho. Until I figure out what it is I didn't want to risk infecting the tank... oh and the green star polyps are also in qt. I did drop some of the brittle stars in the DT but that's it for now. Don't really feel like battling apstasia or anything else.
Also

I found an oyster looking thing on my zoas. It's rather large and opened up but with I touched it snapped shut. Then opened 10 minutes later..... any thoughts

Could be a common claim or some sort of bivalves. I have all sorts of muscles and class living in my crypto-fuge.

Ya the crab should be taken out until you ID. And aiptasia needs to be destroyed at all times.

if the crab is "hairy" it is prob bad. if "clean" usually ok..

Ok so he is def. A xanthid crab and will not be going into the tank. He's gonna stay in qt until I get my fowler setup running. He's gonna go in my predator tank

Back