Nitrate dosing

Reefchef

Supporting
Reaction score
what do you ladies and gentlemen use for dosing nitrates if you do it at all. I'm dealing with no nitrates and would like to boost it up just a bit. Thanks

I use ME Coral Nitrate, I believe is the same as the stump remover.

Ingredients: RODI Water, Potassium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate

You can use Kno3, Potassium nitrate or NaNo3 sodium nitrate.
A pure meat curing salt is sodium nitrate and potassium nitrate is stump remover. Both are cheap. Or you can order on Amazon the pure thing and pay alot more.

BrightWell NeoNitro for the short term.

Longer term I’m using amino acids.
I ordered Acro Power because it doesn’t make skimmers overflow.

Thank you guys for your help, I'm going to try sump remover. Is there a calculator that is used for the amount of stump remover needed?

On a side note, I have some mad corals right now. I did a 20 gallon water change the night before and one my hammers haven't been as fluffy, the polyps aren't out on my pc rainbow, and my fox flame completely bleached out looks like rtn. The fox flame was already bleached out so that may have weakened it already.

I've used stump remover without issues... but I'm paranoid now with so many sticks... so I've been using pharmaceutical grade kno3 and nano3. I use them at 50/50 which also helps my potassium levels which are always on the low side.

Thank you guys for your help, I'm going to try sump remover. Is there a calculator that is used for the amount of stump remover needed?

On a side note, I have some mad corals right now. I did a 20 gallon water change the night before and one my hammers haven't been as fluffy, the polyps aren't out on my pc rainbow, and my fox flame completely bleached out looks like rtn. The fox flame was already bleached out so that may have weakened it already.
The calculator I use is here

Reactions: bzb
I have used this, it worked well, didn't take much. Have all sticks. It was safe and simple 20191227_202446.jpg

Back