Nitrates and phosphates

When I was scraping the bottom of both nutrients I dosed 2 things. First, Sodium Nitrate (NaNO3) that I got in a granulated form from @Adam I did some research and diluted 30 grams of NaNO3 in 300 mL of RODI water. Then I dosed it accordingly. The second product I dosed for the phosphates was Seachem Flourish Phosphorous. I was so scared of overdosing the Flourish that I only added 0.1 mL per dose just to keep the PO4 from being zero.

The whole time I was feeding heavy and not doing regular water changes. Now I'm at a point where I don't dose any longer it took a LOT longer to get to this point than I would have guessed when I started. I added a few fish as well and didn't start noticing system-generated NO3 and PO4 for nearly four weeks.

I'm in the same boat, zeros. I added a bunch of bio media about a month ago to be able to see my frag tank after I decided to add another tank. I almost started to dose nitrate and phosphate but I held off until I remove the extra bio media and let things settle back in.

When I was scraping the bottom of both nutrients I dosed 2 things. First, Sodium Nitrate (NaNO3) that I got in a granulated form from @Adam I did some research and diluted 30 grams of NaNO3 in 300 mL of RODI water. Then I dosed it accordingly. The second product I dosed for the phosphates was Seachem Flourish Phosphorous. I was so scared of overdosing the Flourish that I only added 0.1 mL per dose just to keep the PO4 from being zero.

The whole time I was feeding heavy and not doing regular water changes. Now I'm at a point where I don't dose any longer it took a LOT longer to get to this point than I would have guessed when I started. I added a few fish as well and didn't start noticing system-generated NO3 and PO4 for nearly four weeks.
Rods food frozen like 4 times a day

reef roids will make your phosphates rise. I use to feed reef roids heavy a couple times a week and my phosphates went thru the roof

Heck yea I might try that. Thnx. At this point I'm willing to try anything

I got some thnx dave. Just actually added reef roids let's see what happens. Thnx guys

I got some thnx dave. Just actually added reef roids let's see what happens. Thnx guys
It's going to take time, like Justin said. It's a fine balance finding a way to get some nutrients in the water and feeding too much.

Back