No turning back

fishtank

Market
Reaction score
Well I have been lurking for a while now and finally made my first purchase (technically 2nd).

1st purchase was lights AI Sol Blue from Darren24!

today I took advantage of some black friday 15% sales and picked up.
45 lb of BRS Reef Saver Dry Aquarium Live Rock
BRS 4 Stage Value PLUS RO/DI System - 75GPD
2 x Hydor Koralia Evolution 850GPH
2 x Mag-Drive Supreme 7 Pump (700 GPH)
2 x 150W Eheim JAGER Aquarium Heater
Refractometer for Reading Salinity with Calibration Fluid

All of this and more will be going into a 60 gallon cube with custom stand and eshopps r 100 refugium.

I still have a lot to sort out but its moving along. Initially it will FOWLR and move to some corals in a few months. Im researching my stock all the time but would like you guys to let me know what you think. Im not too sure on order but her is what im thinking.

1 snowflake clown and 1 black and white snowflake first
1 yellow watchmen goby and 1 firefish goby
Lastly 1 flame angelfish.

im still working out CUC, I would like a sand sifting star fish and a tiger pistol shrimp.

Is this over stocked?

any thoughts on this stock? What fish should i start with? I head the flame angel should be last.

If is not in your equipment yet, you are missing something essential to give you some relief, an auto top off, jmho.

I would house fire fish in pairs or more.
There a shy fish and will feel safer in groups.
I have a few and they all sleep lieing on top of one another .
They also require a lid or screen because there keen to carpet surfe

Just take ur time on the fish. You have plenty of time to get it sorted out. Clowns are very cool fish. What about some snails?? I like the skunk shrimp to help keep things clean. I also have a fire shrimp that really is a beautiful animal but hides too much. Good luck.

I'd put the gobies in first, (not all at once..), the angel, and the clowns last.

Be mindful that the angel may nip at corals so you are taking an educated gamble there, now that you know this ;)

The gobies, as mentioned, are shy, and if they go in after the bullies, they may be given a hard time by more territorial fish if those territorial fish have had time to establish territory. Giving the shy ones a head start lets them get established before you put in the meanies.

Jenn

well black friday seemed to have taken care of most of it. I have the
tank
dry rock
lights
2 800gph korilia
2 mag 7's
NWB110 RO skimmer
RO/DI unit
salt
refractometer and mag float

Just have the R100 fuge, live rock, test kit and small things to go!

If you plan on adding clownfish, do so both at the same time. What plans do you have for 2 Mag pumps? IMO 1 would be sufficient as return pump, 2 might overheat your 60g or opt for 1 bigger non-Mag pump. Besides that, looks like you're off to great start!

Back